Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teeray

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

Being one of the Lance supporters from the get go. It would be nice to have him here but if we pass on him I'm not going to be upset or anything bc there are issues in his past that could make us look like idiots. As much as people hammer on PJ and his stuff, it's nothing like getting bj's from transsexual hookers off Twitter. And some of the other stuff off court. I'm not sure if the city would be very welcoming to that kind of stuff in the news. With the exception of PJ, you really don't hear anything about our team off the court. If Lance was the last piece we needed to compete for Championships it might be worth the risk but we are still a few years away from that.

I tell you what if we snag him for 10.5 mil after the Hayward fiasco, that would be one in the win column for the hornets no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

10.5 would be fantastic.

@DavidGlennShow: Bonnell: someone trying to make Lance Stephenson more money is dropping to national writers that Hornets are interested. It's not true.

That is very possible. Also possible Bonnell is out of the loop.

Wouldn't surprise me that we may try and trade for Barnes and to help the Warriors get Love. That 3 team trade could be a possibility. No idea what the other pieces would be though. 

If we we wanted him (Lance), I think we would have signed him by now. He's clearly holding out for more money that just isn't there.

I could see a trade in our future.

I also wouldn't be opposed to looking at a complimentary backup center. Rumor has it that Andray Blatche's only offer is from Toronto and it's less than the MLE.

He was really solid player for Brooklyn last year and he torched us real good at one point.

Being one of the Lance supporters from the get go. It would be nice to have him here but if we pass on him I'm not going to be upset or anything bc there are issues in his past that could make us look like idiots. As much as people hammer on PJ and his stuff, it's nothing like getting bj's from transsexual hookers off Twitter. And some of the other stuff off court. I'm not sure if the city would be very welcoming to that kind of stuff in the news. With the exception of PJ, you really don't hear anything about our team off the court. If Lance was the last piece we needed to compete for Championships it might be worth the risk but we are still a few years away from that.

I'd actually prefer it if they did get bj's from transexual hookers.

I think I'm leaning towards Bonnell in this.  If we really wanted Lance, he'd be here by now.  It sounds like his agent might be using a Hornets rumor to get more money from the Pacers.

Marc Stein on ESPN just said (paraphrasing), "Lance better hope that the offer from the Pacers for 5 years 44mil is still on the table because no one is going to offer him close to that and Larry Bird is his biggest fan in the NBA."  Also referenced how Dallas getting Parsons really hurt big money for Lance.

:wacko:

I would absolutely love to sign Lance if the market keeps going like this. 

I think he ends up taking a 2 or 3 year deal to try and improve his value and land a monster deal in a few years.  Would he say no to 2 years/ $21 mil right now?

I just have the feeling we overpay for Lance over Dallas. I'd be really surprised if he returned to Indiana. But then again, like many have said: Lance and PJ together might be a nightmare.

Like we were overpaying for Hayward? I was concerned about it then, too.

Well then see ya PJ.

I don't know why that is so hard for some people here to understand.

If it came down to Hairston versus Stephenson as the one troubled player, then Hairston SHOULD lose out. Stephenson has proven he can play in NBA games against the best.

All a long I said I'd be surprised if this dude fetched more than $10.5 per.

He's a baller, that's for sure. However, his on court antics scared off a lot of teams and no one is willing to gamble that type of money on him.