• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cat

Why are so many Muslims violent in the modern era?

Vietnam is extremely docile compared to some ME locations.

It's about to get nasty in Jordan.

Today maybe, tell that to the guys who were over there. I had a chance to work with a few of them before they retired from the military. I don't recall them ever using the word docile to describe the North Vietnamese.

Back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s, the whole world was going to turn red if we didn't take a stand in Southeast Asia.

After everybody beat the crap out of each other for a few decades the USA decided that the region wasn't as important as we thought and let much of it turn commie.

Who knew 30 years later we would be building ton's of factories over there to make cheap stuff for the folks back home?

That reminds me, I need a new pair of sandals.

Make love not war man!

05416ba3a20036b1b3a4bffc72391c8f.jpg

Vietnam is extremely docile compared to some ME locations.

It's about to get nasty in Jordan.

Hey pstall,

If you consider the North Vietnamese to be extremely docile compared to anything short of those Alien vs. Predator guys, you must be one tough hombre'. The USA lost like 50k troops fighting in the Vietnam conflict. It was bad enough the USA just took its ball and went home.

qualify this statement

They are not going outside their borders to invoke terror on innocents. Docile when you do apples vs apples.

Hey pstall,

If you consider the North Vietnamese to be extremely docile compared to anything short of those Alien vs. Predator guys, you must be one tough hombre'. The USA lost like 50k troops fighting in the Vietnam conflict. It was bad enough the USA just took its ball and went home.

My dad was there. We are assuming our goal was to even win. I don't think that was the case overall.

If we wanted we could have nuked them but played a ground game with napalm.

again, this argument has long historic roots. the crux of the argument is whether humans innately, genetically behave in certain ways or whether they are a product of their environment, or experience.

The answer to this is yes.

My dad was there. We are assuming our goal was to even win. I don't think that was the case overall.

westmoreland suggested this and was laughed out of town by every tactician with a brain

The answer to this is yes.

well sure... if you consider the social aspects of genetics like race, then yes, but for the purposes of the argument (and its historical positioning) i think you have to treat them separately.

They are not going outside their borders to invoke terror on innocents

you're not suggesting this is a bad thing though right

This is incredibly naive

This is incredibly naive

No it's not.

Many people who were THERE think the whole thing was to just get more drugs to the states.

When I say nuke I don't mean a nuclear bomb but just a total ransack like shock and awe in Iraq.

You really want to say there was a strategy to win? How?

Why are so many Christians violent in the modern era?

Through a 250-year reign of mass torture, industrialized murder, and normalized rape—tactics which ISIS would find familiar. Its moral justification was not "because I said so," it was "Providence," "the curse against Canaan," "the Creator," "and Christianization." In just five years, 750,000 Americans died because of this peculiar mission of "Christianization." Many more died before, and many more died after. In his "Segregation Now" speech, George Wallace invokes God 27 times and calls the federal government opposing him "a system that is the very opposite of Christ."

Read more here...
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/02/the-foolish-historically-illiterate-incredible-response-to-obamas-prayer-breakfast-speech/385246/