Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FuFuLamePoo

How high are we on Philly Brown

Realistically, Brown would be a terrific fourth WR.  I am not sure that he has the body to take 16 games of NFL pounding.

We need another good, outside WR (I don't want to call it a #2; I think a complement to Benjamin) and a speedy, sure-handed slot. I would not mind a possession-type WR like Cotchery and Brown splitting time there, playing situationally

Really? Because according to Gettleman and the coaching staff, they were really surprised he didn't get drafted... To me that shows how high they are on him. I do think he won't be no more than a slot guy but if we add a speedster with him than I believe the WR will be much improved.

or he could be our next Armanti Edwards but I decided to be positive and go with Smith.

next year we will have a better idea.

I'm hoping for Az Hakim myself.

Philly could be well suited to that sort of role.

He needs to get in the weight room and beef up just a tad bit or he'll get abused in press and be delegated to slot for the rest of his career, which is okay but we need much more than that. I do not want him as a top 2 receiver either way but he needs alot of work. I appreciate what he was able to do this season though.

Really? Because according to Gettleman and the coaching staff, they were really surprised he didn't get drafted... To me that shows how high they are on him. I do think he won't be no more than a slot guy but if we add a speedster with him than I believe the WR will be much improved.

I know they said that, but....

Drafting him shows how high they are on him.  If they really thought, with the roster empty at WR, that they could get a starting slot guy out of Brown, they would have taken him in the sixth round.

I think his ceiling is as a dangerous third receiver, and frankly I'm fine with that. That's a great thing to have.

I think he has shown he can play on the outside and out of the slot, and has made a difference when he was in.

He has also been injured more than once in a season.

Therefore i want him to stay. Hes undrafted and many always expect someone to fail even when theh ball out because of it. The dude catches and has shown hes versatile.

Doesnt mean we dont draft another if one is there.

Quite a few people on here were more excited about Duron Carter than Corey Brown.

Let that sink in.

does that surprise u here?

Realistically, Brown would be a terrific fourth WR. I am not sure that he has the body to take 16 games of NFL pounding.

We need another good, outside WR (I don't want to call it a #2; I think a complement to Benjamin) and a speedy, sure-handed slot. I would not mind a possession-type WR like Cotchery and Brown splitting time there, playing situationally

I agree with this but Corey needs to up his value with special team play. .

I think Philly has potential, he just needs to put on a little more weight. He also could be the answer at PR if he learns to hold on to the ball.

He had a great rookie season. Every time I got a feeling he could develop into a solid WR3, he would make an awesome clutch play that left me thinking his ceiling could be much higher. I was impressed with the way he earned his playing time, and I'm excited to see how far he takes it next year. He definitely wasn't afraid of going after the ball, and held onto it after the catch.

These Brown-Smitty comparisons are ludicrous. Brown doesn't have the hands, game speed, tenacity, hops, strength, dexterity, or the ability to get YAC like Smitty did when he first entered the league. Moreover, his durability has to be questioned from the standpoint that he was hurt a couple of different times this year, with limited playing time.

Guys, Spam tastes better than potted meat, but it still ain't steak.