• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

Rasheed Sulaimon Dismissal From Duke Tied to Sexual Assault Allegations?

rasheed-sulaimon-duke-594x395.jpg?w=1000

Rasheed Sulaimon, the Duke guard who was dismissed from the team last month – the first player booted from the program in Mike Krzyzewski’s 35 years at the school – was accused of sexual assault by two women at the school, the Duke Chronicle is reporting.

Neither woman filed a complaint or took legal action, but both talked about the incident at student retreats – one in October 2013 and one in February 2014. According to the paper, the news reached the basketball program and then the athletic department and eventually the VP of student affairs and dean of students.

“Nothing happened after months and months of talking about [the sexual assault allegations],” the anonymous affiliate said. “The University administration knew. Kevin White knew, Mike Cragg knew.”

The report goes on to say that the power of the Duke basketball program was the reason neither woman officially filed a complaint against Sulaimon.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/03/02/rasheed-sulaimon-sexual-assault-allegations/

So if the staff knew about this why did it take a whole year for them to take action? Because they couldn't keep it under lock and key any longer?

So if the staff knew about this why did it take a whole year for them to take action? Because they couldn't keep it under lock and key any longer?

They knew of allegations, which they still are.

IF guilty, he should've been gone sooner (and off campus/in jail), but not being able to prove anything or having proof, and kicking the kid out...could have some lawsuits on your hand. 

From what I've seen, it seems Duke was/is following the protocol they normally go through, and if they were protecting him (doubt it since K didn't like the kid from all reports), then they should be burned for it. If I had to guess though, I'd assume this will be another Winston/FSU light version where Duke actually acted. Possibly late, though. More facts need to come to light however. 

They knew of allegations, which they still are.

IF guilty, he should've been gone sooner (and off campus/in jail), but not being able to prove anything or having proof, and kicking the kid out...could have some lawsuits on your hand.

From what I've seen, it seems Duke was/is following the protocol they normally go through, and if they were protecting him (doubt it since K didn't like the kid from all reports), then they should be burned for it. If I had to guess though, I'd assume this will be another Winston/FSU light version where Duke actually acted. Possibly late, though. More facts need to come to light however.

A year ago though?

Winston's actions weren't made known until he started to get famous.

The report on Sulaimon says that Duke knew of the sexual assault allegations over a year ago.

A year ago though?

The report on Sulaimon says that Duke knew of the sexual assault allegations over a year ago.

Bro Coach Koward would never ever do anything shady to protect his program. What is you, ig'nant or somethin?

This story has "scandal" written all over it. A real scandal. Not a media created feeding frenzy. Going to be interesting to see if this gets legs. Not a peep about on ESPN. 

From Duke Basketball Report forum post: 

"If the people involved didn't file charges, what was Duke supposed to do, dismiss a player because someone heard something at a retreat?"

Greg Hardy anybody?

Let's see how this plays out.  K wouldn't keep a borderline starter if he really knew of anything serious.  The fact that he did get kicked out is the real head scratcher.  Did he become too toxic like Hardy?  I don't know.  But Rasheed Sulaimon wasn't the difference between a 1st round exit and a National Championship.  So why the delay (read: cover-up if a UNC fan)?  Again, I'll wait and see.  Could be legacy tarnishing, could be nothing.  Maybe it's just something.  I don't know...

If anyone needs in added humor to this obviously not funny situation...check out the dookie beat writer Laura Keely's timeline. Jesus dude. Stick to tweeting about what color is the dress, hon. 

A year ago though?

Made aware in March of 2014, they dismissed him in January of 2015. What was done in those 10 months is what needs to be found out. 

Again, for all we know, they're just allegations (hopefully for all involved), but if true, Duke and the coaches I'm assuming spent the time researching and trying to find out what happened and how to handle the situation...while taking cues from the school itself. Maybe they found the evidence they needed in January of 2015, leading to K telling him to take his ball and go home. No clue. But with such an abrupt exit, I'd almost lean towards that possibility. As for why it took 2 months for the sexual assault allegations to hit Twitter, no clue. But with the Chronicle just now reporting on them, I again would assume they'd found the proper information or went through the right process to report it.

Why didn't the women press charges? that's my question.

"The fear of backlash from the Duke fan base was a factor in the female students' decision not to pursue the allegations, sources close to the women said."

multiple women. multiple allegations. and multiple times Coach Koward didn't do the right thing. Gonna be interesting to see what happens if and when this story picks up steam. WFNZ has been trying their absolute hardest not to talk about it. I hate WFNZ. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TwentyAteThree

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts