• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

Rasheed Sulaimon Dismissal From Duke Tied to Sexual Assault Allegations?

I already said I don't know why he was kicked off the team but it's hard for me to believe that it's because of the alleged assault since he remains in good standing with the school. What do you mean "back K"? On what? The athletics department doesn't investigate or adjudicate matters of student conduct, the office of student conduct in student affairs does that.

Read your UNC witch hunt thread again.... Now you're contradicting yourself.

I already said I don't know why he was kicked off the team but it's hard for me to believe that it's because of the alleged assault since he remains in good standing with the school. What do you mean "back K"? On what? The athletics department doesn't investigate or adjudicate matters of student conduct, the office of student conduct in student affairs does that.

So....this is an "institution problem" not an athletic one, AMIRITE?

So....this is an "institution problem" not an athletic one, AMIRITE?

It's one kid who allegedly broke the law, should be handled by the authorities.  You can keep trying to stoke the fire here but by all accounts Duke handled the situation exactly how it should be handled.  The Chronicle's timeline says the coaches were informed in March of the second hand info but what it fails to tell you is that Rasheed was suspended from the team for several months between May and August, presumably because of the investigation.  Like I have said if the alleged victims don't want to cooperate how much of the truth can we actually find out (see Greg Hardy case).

It's one kid who allegedly broke the law, should be handled by the authorities. You can keep trying to stoke the fire here but by all accounts Duke handled the situation exactly how it should be handled. The Chronicle's timeline says the coaches were informed in March of the second hand info but what it fails to tell you is that Rasheed was suspended from the team for several months between May and August, presumably because of the investigation. Like I have said if the alleged victims don't want to cooperate how much of the truth can we actually find out (see Greg Hardy case).

They handled it correctly? By whose accounts? dukes? LOL.

Mr td. Made inappropriate advances toward me. He should be removed from this board immediately until an investigation occurs. Im not going to alert any mods or authorities though. See how much sense that makes?

Mr td. Made inappropriate advances toward me. He should be removed from this board immediately until an investigation occurs. Im not going to alert any mods or authorities though. See how much sense that makes?

I've also heard the reasoning from BigCryBaby that RS is still in good standing with the school.

Well, duh, Keeping him in good standing with the school gives him a reason not to talk. When is he projected to graduate?

I've also heard the reasoning from BigCryBaby that RS is still in good standing with the school.

Well, duh, Keeping him in good standing with the school gives him a reason not to talk. When is he projected to graduate?

Talk???? What's he gonna say????? That's one of the most moronic things you've ever said. Now if they put these girls on scholarship to keep them quiet now that would be a story.

Who's saying they didn't handle it correctly?  unc fans like yourself trying to find some conspiracy?  I have yet to see a media outlet with factual information saying Duke is trying to hide something.

I agree with Toldozer here, that is one of the dumbest things you have said.  What's he going to say?  

Read your UNC witch hunt thread again.... Now you're contradicting yourself.

What do you think they'll be forced to rename the court in Cameron once more info comes out about #CoachKoverup and his negligence towards a serial rapist?

#PeteGaudetteFieldHouse Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Common sense would tell you that if there are two allegations of rape, especially in college, you should suspend that player until an investigation is complete.

I am all for due process, but there is no excuse to have a possible serial rapist travelling to other college campuses.

At worst if investigation comes back clean, redshirt him so he still can play 4 years.

Also, if investigation concluded and resulted in dismissal of player, public should probably be notified as to why

So you would be okay if you were suspended from school indefinitely because somebody who knows somebody heard that you sexually assaulted a student? It wouldn't bother you that you were suspended even though the accuser never went to the police or the school?

Two different people two different allegations. At that point school needs to take immediate action to keep students and community safe.

If false, that sucks for the player (of course he could always redshirt), but first objective is to keep campus safe.

So if he was kicked off the team for the alleged sexual assault why is he still in good standing with the school? Does it make sense that Duke found out that Rasheed did sexually assault someone and the punishment was kicking him off the team but not out of the school?

It does if they are trying to suppress the story.

Kicking him off the team is one thing, if he was also kicked off campus a lot more eyebrows would have been raised

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ScottyAbe31

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts