• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jase

Mark Price Introduced as new Charlotte 49ers Coach

Price with a standing ovation ... "To say I'm excited is an understatement"

PRICE: "I'm excited to help this team move in the upward direction." Much praise to Niner Nation!

PRICE: I can't wait to start working with the guys ... we're going to improve as a team and build something special here at Charlotte.

PRICE: thanking the Hornets for initially bringing him to Charlotte.

PRICE: says he'll watch Sweet 16 on TV tonight and looks forward to playing in the Sweet 16 instead of watching it.

PRICE: "This is going to be a process ... we need to find the right people to reach the goals we want to."

PRICE: "we want to run up and down, score and work on defense. I want to walk around campus, meet the students and get them to come out"

PRICE: "We're going to find guys to do what we want to do and help us be successful here in Charlotte"

PRICE: "We're going to find guys to do what we want to do and help us be successful here in Charlotte"

PRICE: "I know i'll make some mistakes, but i'm a quick learner ... one of the guys on my staff will be a former head coach."

https://twitter.com/charlotte49ers

PRICE: "I know the game, I like to shoot, I do like to shoot!" much to the enjoyment of the standing room only crowd here.

PRICE: "I had to know the game inside and out playing the game, I had to, I didn't have as much talent"

PRICE: "I wasn't pursuing any other job ... Judy Rose called me and we began having discussions a couple weeks ago ... they progressed quickly, and I became extremely excited about the opportunity."

Coach Price chats with a few more fans ... the Hornets' MIchael Kidd-Gilchrist shows his support at the presser.

CBC50zLUcAAeIHt.jpgCBC50zMUsAAfsPU.jpg

Coach Price takes a photo with his family ... then one with MKG.

CBC6hoVUUAAobFZ.jpgCBC6h2EVIAEA2KK.jpg

https://twitter.com/charlotte49ers

I haven't seen this kind of buzz around the program....ever.

I know there was in the late 90's and early 2000's, but I didn't start following until the mid 2000's when we were declining.

Cool to see MKG there. He didn't travel with the team so he could be there for Price's press conference.

I like the guy and hope it works out for you all. 49ers basketball has been pretty tough to watch lately.

Well, we aren't very good this year, as expected with a team that lost almost all of its roster with the coaching change, but Price got his first win last night.

Young guards have looked pretty good, but we don't have much talent inside. We'll get better as the year goes on, but 10-15 wins is probably the ceiling this year. Attendance has been terrible, which is unfortunate. I hope when Price gets things turned around the crowds come back. Halton was a lot of fun when we used to average 7,000+ per game.

hey i seen this guy cruising around my neighborhood all slow like.  I asked him why was he driving so slow and he told me to mind my own business if i knew what was good for me.  i didn't like the looks he was giving me so i just left.  I came back to that same spot the next day and there were doughnuts all over the road and he knocked over 2 mailboxes.  not cool.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SlickinNOLA

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts