• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigcatdaddy

Brandon Ingram

LOL touche. But he was saying it in the context that the Syracuse case was much more cut and dry. And to not expect UNC's punishment to be similar to theirs because the NCAA doesn't have a leg to stand on in the UNC case.

I disagree here.  This is another example of a unc fan not being rational, you were probably also one of those fans that thought Hairston would play for you guys again.

I'm not saying there won't be punishment, but I certainly wouldn't even try to venture when or what that will be. And let's not compare the Syracuse punishments with what UNC's may be.  Apples and oranges.  Roy in particular was found to have NO involvement in any of these allegations, while Jim Boeheim was found to have been involved to some extent with the Syracuse debacle.  Also, Syracuse went beyond academic issues, into drug testing and improper benefits, etc.

Also I believe the majority of the students taking those classes at UNC were not involved in sports.  Roy wasn't funneling anybody into those classes.

Roy was found to have no involvement as of yet but lets not forget there are emails from Wayne Walden, roy's right hand man and academic advisor to the basketball team, that show he was involved in funneling basketball players to bogus classes.  Improper benefits?  How soon you have forgotten the cars and mouthguards that got Mcdonald and Hairston in their trouble.  Do you really think that if the NCAA digs they won't find other improper benefits the basketball team received?  I would be very nervous if I were unc and the NCAA decided to dig for improper benefits.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/investigations-blog/article10188242.html

I disagree here.  This is another example of a unc fan not being rational, you were probably also one of those fans that thought Hairston would play for you guys again.

I guess you are lumping Jay Bilas into your generalization because he shares the same views.

Roy was found to have no involvement as of yet but lets not forget there are emails from Wayne Walden, roy's right hand man and academic advisor to the basketball team, that show he was involved in funneling basketball players to bogus classes.  Improper benefits?  How soon you have forgotten the cars and mouthguards that got Mcdonald and Hairston in their trouble.  Do you really think that if the NCAA digs they won't find other improper benefits the basketball team received?  I would be very nervous if I were unc and the NCAA decided to dig for improper benefits.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/investigations-blog/article10188242.html

He never believed the classes to be bogus:

http://northcarolina.scout.com/story/1501251-walden-responds-to-wainstein-report

We could go back and forth with links.  In the end I'm going to leave it up to the folks who have all the evidence at their disposal to make the judgement.  You should probably do the same.  But we both know you won't.

LOL touche. But he was saying it in the context that the Syracuse case was much more cut and dry. And to not expect UNC's punishment to be similar to theirs because the NCAA doesn't have a leg to stand on in the UNC case.

Yeah but big cat says they do and he knows all.

Didn't hear hardly a peep out of this douche when duke didn't win reg season title or got knocked out of acc tourney.

I disagree, I don't think roy gives these kids all the info they need to make the best decisions for themselves and their families. There is a very good possibility that unc will not be eligible for postseason this year, did roy properly inform Paige and Jackson of this?

I don't hate roy at all. As a Duke fan I hope he stays and they don't bring in someone who can actually get top tier recruits.

And there was coach k 30 minutes after winning NC at the press conference. Already trying to work jones and Winslow saying they are too young for the NBA and that they shouldn't go.

But he's all about what's best for the kids.

And there was coach k 30 minutes after winning NC at the press conference. Already trying to work jones and Winslow saying they are too young for the NBA and that they shouldn't go.

But he's all about what's best for the kids.

Yeah I don't recall that at all please link.

If the NCAA does nothing, then UNC has handed schools the template for how to cheat.

Just make up fake classes, then the NCAA will say they can't do anything because it wasn't specifically an athletic issue.

The reality is, the NCAA can't do nothing. They are going to punish UNC in some way. If they don't, it'll be detrimental to college athletics, making them even more of a sham than they already are.

UNC did give a template, the NCAA has said over and over again that this is an Academic issue and they let the school handle those. That's the NCAA's policy on Academic issues. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    YeahManD

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts