Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gettlemanjack

Thomas Davis high on Shaq Thompson, calls Shaq "a better athlete than was," proud to be compared to Shaq

look mm. shaq's best at coverage. he'll allow Luke and TD to NOT have to do so much in-coverage plays and allow them to dominate the line.

How does that not compute for you?

i just cannot get behind another LB in the first round. 4 LBs in 12 years is just not smart, especially on one who is not playing his best position. Shaq would be a better RB.

i just cannot get behind another LB in the first round. 4 LBs in 12 years is just not smart, especially on one who is not playing his best position. Shaq would be a better RB.

We need a RB too.

Heck, according to the naysayers, hes only playing 30% of defensive snaps. That gives him plenty of juice to get going in the running game.

look mm. shaq's best at coverage. he'll allow Luke and TD to NOT have to do so much in-coverage plays and allow them to dominate the line.

How does that not compute for you?

I just can't see what you mean when you don't give me a breakdown of what scheme he would be used in, what package, and what the responsibilities of each linebacker is. Right now, "Shaq is always in coverage and TD/Luke are always playing the run" does not cut it.

Why would I want to draft a player that offers one (you heard that right), one role.

I gave it to you. Im not a broken record so if you really wanna know what you are asking me, its already been answered and you'll get no more comment from me concerning Shaq.

I gave it to you. Im not a broken record so if you really wanna know what you are asking me, its already been answered and you'll get no more comment from me concerning Shaq.

I'm not sure what you gave me except a lot of incoherent rambling, but if that was your last comment so be it.

I'll have a hard time with it if he's the pick at 25, I'll come around eventually but I just don't think he'll be BPA

i just watched him vs Illinois 2013 and god. he probably improved with more reps, but i just do not see it with him. i cannot watch anymore,until he gets drafted. he is strictly a WLB, chase the ball guy.

i just watched him vs Illinois 2013 and god. he probably improved with more reps, but i just do not see it with him. i cannot watch anymore,until he gets drafted. he is strictly a WLB, chase the ball guy.

I'm with you, gonna be a long day tomorrow before we pick

In response to our "needs"....

"When you reach, you get screwed" - Gettleman

As far as bpa goes this draft is much better at wr ol and probably db than 4-3 olb.

As far as bpa goes this draft is much better at wr ol and probably db than 4-3 olb.

Matter of opinion. First, I see Shaq as a SS. Second, I don't see anyone who will likely be there at 25 that I think will be better than Shaq. Only possibilities, IMO, are maybe Humphries and Fisher. And that would be up to the FO to decide if either of those are better value than Shaq assuming that they are even there at 25.

I don't see any WR or DB being there that I think is better.

Matter of opinion. First, I see Shaq as a SS. Second, I don't see anyone who will likely be there at 25 that I think will be better than Shaq. Only possibilities, IMO, are maybe Humphries and Fisher. And that would be up to the FO to decide if either of those are better value than Shaq assuming that they are even there at 25.

I don't see any WR or DB being there that I think is better.

Why would you draft someone in the first that you have never seen play one snap at the position you want him for?

Why would you draft someone in the first that you have never seen play one snap at the position you want him for?

Because based on his athletic ability and play style I project (key word) that he would have more value at that position than the guys I believe will also be available at 25 would have value at their respective positions. In a worst case scenario, I believe he can be a special package OLB that brings similar value as his competition for our pick.

Again, all this is my opinion. But that's all that the draft is. It's a consolidated view of differing opinions.