Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Russell "Golden Calf of Bristol" Wilson

I think if you are in the public eye you are under scrutiny regardless. I think he is a phony and have thought that since he hoodwinked NC State and the students there. If he can express his opinions publicly then he can be taken to the mat for them. No one follows him into his church or intercepts his prayers and spills them on twitter. Well actually he does.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This is actually incredibly false.  At the very foundation of Christianity is the belief that we are sinners... and that the sin in your life... whether it be a white lie, adultery, or murder leads to death and separation of God.

Christians do have a tendency to point out that there is a right and a wrong in the world. And that what is wrong in people and in the world is why we need redemption. In turn, most people become defensive and interpret that as self-righteousness.

But you cannot be a Christians without first admitting that not only does your poo stink... but that the hole which it came from is not much different from the hole we speak from.

that sounds doctrinal and not what most practice. I would agree that's what Christians are supposed to do but that kind of humility is rare. Even more rare in a superstar. His humility comes off as disingenuous to me. The Golden Calf of Bristol comes off as real to me but is just not an NFL QB. So it's not that he's a vocal Christian that turns me off of RW. It's that I don't believe him. I could be wrong and he could be the real deal in his heart.

But saying that God told him to lead her? That just comes off a bit...tacky.

e:

nyao3.jpg

hey Cam....what's that on your finger?  oh...never mind, it's nothing.

Oh no he didn't.

give it another whiff....yep

Based on the discussion....you should pry smell it before jumping to that conclusion

dammmmmmmiiiittttttt cary kollins!!!!!

I think if you are in the public eye you are under scrutiny regardless. I think he is a phony and have thought that since he hoodwinked NC State and the students there. If he can express his opinions publicly then he can be taken to the mat for them. No one follows him into his church or intercepts his prayers and spills them on twitter. Well actually he does.

Praying away from people to not show off is but one aspect. If you believe God is sovereign don't you believe Wilson will be dealt with? At the same time, isn't a person of faith supposed to be able to reach out and share the gospel with people? Otherwise how will someone know? If he is a fake ok he is a fake. Im glad some you aren't God or none of us would stand a chance.

well...blessed are the huddlers...a mass of humanity that all married virgins!!!

1c526e6ce1f962f24c0ea6294acc4660.jpg

Praying away from people to not show off is but one aspect. If you believe God is sovereign don't you believe Wilson will be dealt with? At the same time, isn't a person of faith supposed to be able to reach out and share the gospel with people? Otherwise how will someone know? If he is a fake ok he is a fake. Im glad some you aren't God or none of us would stand a chance.

Meh we both despise false Prophets, hypocrites, and grandstanding equally.

10/10 originality. are you a yankees fan too by any chance?

image.jpg

and your point is?  another thing cam doesn't have?

well...blessed are the huddlers...a mass of humanity that all married virgins!!!

1c526e6ce1f962f24c0ea6294acc4660.jpg

screen-shot-2015-02-02-at-11205-ampng-78

One superbowl, I mean even Trent Dilfer has won one superbowl. Joe Flacco? Easy.

But to win back to back superbowls is something truly elite. Something truly special.

I can't imagine how crushing it is to lose that opportunity from the ONE YARD LINE.

Some might say the franchise may never recover.

10/10 originality. are you a yankees fan too by any chance?

not at all....not a baseball fan really...I mean, how can you get excited for 162 or 164 games?