Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Harvard - Panthers bottom 10 team in 2015

This system might be a decent overall indicator but it isn't going to accurately reflect teams that have really good players outside of the ones that were chosen.  For instance, a great o-line (cowboys),  a multiple RB system (eagles), or a 3/4 spread type offense probably wont place as high as they should since those positions are ignored.

That said, it makes since that the Panthers would be skewed down. They only use 4 - top players from the front seven. The Panthers have an above average to great front 7. if they chose 5 or 6 of these players, I'd think that we would be bumped up

Plus they don't know about that three TE set we are going to ruin the league with this year. #Swolebones #ThisIsTheYear

I'm probably one of the biggest math nerds you'll ever meet.  I do a lot of spreadsheet work at my job and I track my own personal expenses the same way.  My household budget is plotted a year in advance.

But even so, there are few things that make me laugh harder than people who think you can judge the quality of a team or a player using stats as your primary tool.

Those boston nerds are still mad about the 2013 pats game, I see

Wtf does an Ivy League school know about football?

If you wanted academic advice, Harvard would be a great resource.  For football advice?  LOL.

I honestly stopped reading when i grew tired of his explaination of stats and system used to get the results he did. 

He was better off just telling me where he thinks we'll finish.  

Be sure and hold on to this gem. At the end of the season it'll be fun to compare it to the real outcome.

I'm just wandering what the crap he's smoking to put the Falcons that high.