Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Virginia TV reporter, photographer shot to death during live interview this morning

It's not about 'appeasing gun owners' - although the way you worded that certainly shows me you have no interest in respecting them or considering their opinion. It's about giving solid reasons for them not to believe that your ideas would result in gun confiscation, and giving them a positive reason to support it by making it easier for them - the law-abiding gun owners - to exercise that right. One way to start would be recognizing concealed carry permits across state lines, like we do with marriages, driver's licenses, and pretty much everything else. I'm more than willing to listen to reasonable proposals, provided something like that is part of it. It shows that the other side views gun owners aren't the enemy.
Rather than try and do something like that, or demonstrate their fears are wrong, you put them as the enemy - which is a way you will never, ever get anywhere. That sort of rhetoric is why nothing will ever get done with guns. When one side views the other as the enemy, why would you want to work with them?

I said nothing of the sort. You ask what gun owners should get in exchange, which means you want to make them feel good as opposed to saving lives. You want to exchange some unrelated thing (i.e. concealed carry laws) for gun reform, which suggests that saving lives is not a high priority for you. Shameful. 

I said nothing of the sort. You ask what gun owners should get in exchange, which means you want to make them feel good as opposed to saving lives. You want to exchange some unrelated thing (i.e. concealed carry laws) for gun reform, which suggests that saving lives is not a high priority for you. Shameful. 

You just eliminated any credibility you had as someone willing to discuss this issue rationally.

You just eliminated any credibility you had as someone willing to discuss this issue rationally.

I have been nothing but rational this entire thread. Please explain why it makes sense to include unrelated issues into saving lives through common sense gun reform. Unless of course you do want to make gun owners feel good for no other reason than to make them feel good. 

I have been nothing but rational this entire thread. Please explain why it makes sense to include unrelated issues into saving lives through common sense gun reform.

How is a gun registry going to stop gun crimes? How is a 

Unless of course you do want to make gun owners feel good for no other reason than to make them feel good. 

Or, maybe the fact we're focusing on gun issues is a good time to solve other gun issues, like the fact concealed carry permits from one state aren't accepted in all states. This causes far more unintentional gun crimes than it solves.

Don't worry about Poundcat, he has no argument.  Like I said, a machete would have killed the two reporters just as easily...machete control?

In case you were wondering, I started ignoring 99% of your posts. You make no sense and I feel like I'm have a debate with a 9 year old. No offense.

How is a gun registry going to stop gun crimes? How is a 

Or, maybe the fact we're focusing on gun issues is a good time to solve other gun issues, like the fact concealed carry permits from one state aren't accepted in all states. This causes far more unintentional gun crimes than it solves.

Interesting....how does that cause more unintentional gun crimes?

Those Democrats and their slavery, glad Lincoln was a Republican to end it all.

i'm not surprised this dumbass doesn't realize it but TN05 i'm surprised you took the bait. you know perfectly well realignments over the past 150 years (and especially the last 40) completely nullify any traces of continuity in the republican party of lincoln and its policies today.

i'm not surprised this dumbass doesn't realize it but TN05 i'm surprised you took the bait. you know perfectly well realignments over the past 150 years (and especially the last 40) completely nullify any traces of continuity in the republican party of lincoln and its policies today.

Ah, the old 'party swap' myth. That's a nice myth. Shame it isn't actually true. I mean, to be sure, neither party is exactly the same as it was 150 years ago. But there are certainly elements of it scattered throughout - like, for example, how the 'progressive' era (mainly perpetuated by Democrats) was one of incredible racism.

Interesting....how does that cause more unintentional gun crimes?

You can look that up if you want. Imagine if driver's licenses were only valid in your state. 

You can look that up if you want. Imagine if driver's licenses were only valid in your state. 

Your answer makes no sense. But if you choose not to back up your assertion with at least a link, then I can't help you. 

Your answer makes no sense. But if you choose not to back up your assertion with at least a link, then I can't help you. 

How will a gun registry prevent crime?

If I owned a gun, I don't know how having my firearm registered would prevent crimes.  I could see how it would contribute to possibly prosecuting me in the event of a crime being committed (or not for that matter).  I could also see how it would be used as a means for confiscation:

http://reason.com/archives/2013/12/11/how-government-officials-sealed-the-doom