Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

How can you not be excited by this move?

Even if Allen is a shadow of his former self, he's still much better then anyone else we have outside a healthy CJ. Moving back to a 4-3 DE should help his production too.

We also didn't give up much to Chicago to acquire him. I'm excited to see how this pans out on the field!

Can we have Anquan Boldin next please? 

Steve Smith will likely be traded at some point. The Ravens aren't making the playoffs and he's retiring. They'll trade him for whatever they can get around Nov/Dec.

Doubt it'll be back here but it would be funny. 

The more that idea is popped up around here the more it starts to sink in that #13 & #89 on the field would have been nasty, dominant! If they could only pull that off this year would be instantly fixed at WR and next year SB

Now lets get Alshon out of there and complete this 'fair' trade with Da Bears. ha

Bersin for Alshon and a conditional pick?

:P

Yep. Allen coming down hard with pneumonia, coupled with him being in a 3-4 screwed him good.

Jared will resurrect his career here. If only for a couple years. 

Well, I know I don't have to worry about you tossing any football knowledge in.

And to be clear, this is about as much effort as having a conversation with you is worth expending.

if that's true Scot then why are every single one of your posts filled with the same generic, identical monotonous tripe

Growl and Mr. Scot must be married.

I have way better taste than to sink that low,  Dex.

Yep. Allen coming down hard with pneumonia, coupled with him being in a 3-4 screwed him good.

Jared will resurrect his career here. If only for a couple years. 

Kevin Greene style

Solid move for a player who only 2 years ago had double digit sacks. Once CJ comes back Ealy will see very little playing time. Too many stupid penalties.

So zero penalties by Ealy yesterday was "too many stupid penalties"?

And if you're going to blame Ealy for the non-hands-to-the-face "hands to the face" penalty, then I know from which direction you are coming from.

Best years are behind him but still better than what we have at present.

I'd think there's also value in what he can teach.

To ALL if you implying that he's a washed up bum, the Bears gave him an 11.5 million roster bonus this summer with 1 million dollars guaranteed money. We're in the hook for like 882,000. THTS IT! We gave up a 6th reportedly as well. STEAL

Allen gets to go back to doing what he has made a career of doing, and he's better than any DE on our roster. Possibly even CJ right now. (Okay maybe a stretch, but the argument could be made)

Either way this is a HUGE WIN for our organization!

4-0 here we come!

So zero penalties by Ealy yesterday was "too many stupid penalties"?

And if you're going to blame Ealy for the non-hands-to-the-face "hands to the face" penalty, then I know from which direction you are coming from.

Ealy had an illegal hands to the face on a third down that extended a TD drive.

dont bother responding, we already know that you "missed" it

Allen was a beast just two years ago before the bears attempted to move him in to a OLB...I think this could be a good move for us as long as we get some pressure from him.