Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

I'm definitely taking the Bucs seriously, and I know our players will be as well.

Such is the case with any divisional game, especially on the road.

It would not surprise me to lose this game and go on to win our next two.

If you could guarantee that I would take it in a heart beat. A Seattle/Philly win traded for a Bucs loss and starting the second quarter of the season 2-0. 

The difference between when Carolina played NO and when Tampa played them is two things.  NO played Tampa like they knew they were going to win by default.  NO played us in all out desperation mode.  They had to beat us in order to have any semblance of a salvageable season.  That's why they played us much closer because they threw everything they could at us.   They played the Bucs as if it was an easy win and got their asses handed to them.  Different situations all together.  We will not make that mistake.

Edited by Bogart

The difference between when Carolina played NO and when Tampa played them is two things.  NO played Tampa like they knew they were going to win by default.  NO played us in all out desperation mode.  They had to beat us in order to have any semblance of a salvageable season.  That's why they played us much closer because they threw everything they could at us.

how do you know this

I think the majority of the fan base knows how fickle the NFL is and no win is a given. I don't expect to win every game but I hope we do. I also don't think our franchise expects wins either. Look at last night as a prime example. Ravens suck but they shut down Antonio Brown....division games are always hard fought by both teams.

If we lose I think it will be due to having some significant injuries not because the team is overlooking the opponent. Several players stated last week that a divisional game can never be a trap game. They always know the importance of them.

How do you know?

Because professional players generally know better than to take anyone lightly, and our coaching staff is known to preach that message.

I don't buy this as a "trap game" for anybody but fans.

Hypothetically, if/when a FAN takes a game "lightly", how does that in any way effect the actual performance of the TEAM?

I keep asking and asking this question and nobody can seem to come up with a rational answer.

Statistically there is zero direct correlation between a fans thoughts and feelings to a players thoughts and feelings. You are correct.

i do however believe fans can have a positive effect on player motivation during critical portions of a game when they chant "Keep Pounding".

I think the majority of the fan base knows how fickle the NFL is and no win is a given. I don't expect to win every game but I hope we do. I also don't think our franchise expects wins either. Look at last night as a prime example. Ravens suck but they shut down Antonio Brown....division games are always hard fought by both teams.

Michael Vick shut down Antonio brown.

Vick was the best defender the Ravens had last night.

• Pie 2

There is no such thing as a trap game, any team can win on any given Sunday.  Trap games are made up by fans, and Jeremy is buying in.  Don't take to much into Jeremy and his highly regarded opinion, the best team will win Sunday.  And that will be the Panthers, due to Cam Newton, and a turnover or two from Jameis.

Honestly the Bucs have a good defensive line and can rush the passer....if it's one way they can win it is with their passrush...

I know a lot of fans on here don't watch the entire NFL but if you've seen the Bucs you should know that their DL can give them a chance...their ONLY chance really...especially if our own passrush isn't getting there again this game.

We did handle the Texans but their DTs aren't as good as Tampa's and pressure up the middle is much worse..we'll see I just hope our own passrush shows up this game because WInston is good for 2-3 pics if we can get in his face.