Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

I've been browsing their forum since Monday morning and 9 out of 10 posters seem reasonable, but I don't know why everyone is saying the Camthers? I feel like it's the most lighthearted insult ever, or just an attempt to be funny? I have no idea..

Also, has a single Cardinals fan registered on the huddle yet?

Arizona Fitzdinals

• Pie 1

i don't think it's insulting but i don't think it's super funny, just a witty name. you guys beating it into a dead horse are making it awkward.

• Pie 1

It's the same as people thinking the Patriots are only Tom Brady and Belichick or that the Packers are Aaron Rodgers or that the Colts were just Peyton Manning or that the Saints are just Drew Brees. Every single one of those teams has had superstars at other positions that get largely ignored by opposing fans because of a superstar QB. It's the nature of the QB being so much more important than any other position. Is it a dumb name? Yes, absolutely. Is it insulting? Not really. If anything it is complimentary. I think it's nice to actually have a QB at that level.

To be fair in regards to the "Camthers" comments, if we didn't have Cam we're more than likely discussing whether we should bring in RG3 or Manziel 

• Pie 1

that analysis was spot on

I'll say this- during the Newton Rivera era of the Panthers we have struggled against the Cardinals- Cam particularly seems to get sacked a lot - they have a variety of creative blitzes. Cam is a much different player now, but damn I would be lying if I wasn't nervous about playing the Cardinals at home in the playoffs. 

Defensively if we don't get to Palmer and rattle him causing dumb throws or sacks we could get burnt. Arizona has three bonafide wr's and our secondary continues to get thinner by the week. Please lord let Robert McClain channel the ghost of Ricky Manning Jr. this weekend. 

• Pie 1

So it turns out the Cardinal fans are pretty knowledgeable and reasonable based on this small sample of information.

The Cardinals simply don't have the personnel to stop our viciously brutal rushing attack. They are built for speed, and we're built to maul and open rushing lanes for Stewart, Cam, and Tolbert. When we win at the los they will be in deep poo. Here is what is going to happen. They will load the box to try and stop the run. Cam will be given favorable pass coverage to throw to our WRs. If he's on target, we win. If plays sporadic, then the outcome depends on if our defense fugs up Palmer or not. I love our chances. Star and Short are going to push into that pocket and cause hell.  

Edited by pantherj

2 hours ago, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

Cardigeralds

I was thinking Arianzona Carsinals? But after spending 1.6 seconds on that name, and typing this response into my phone, and correcting the typos from my stupid thumbs, I've realized this is fuging stupid and I'm sorry. 

• Pie 4

I could be wrong, but I don't really see the field being a big advantage for us other than we are somewhat used to it. I have always considered the offense to have the advantage on fields with footing problems. They know where they are going, and the defense has to be reactive.

I went over to their forums to try and talk football but there has been like two posts in four days. 

I love you huddle. 

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

Why not just Carsonals? It is the same number of syllables, and you really only need to replace the d with an s. 

Because that actually sounds kinda cool.

3 hours ago, Jakob said:

The Larrinalds?

Too close to the epic quote from waynes world about la renard and being hunted with only her cunning to protect her.

2 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

Larrizona Carsonals

Better but still way too contrived.