Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

2016 Panthers Schedule - Thoughts and Musings

7 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The last part of the schedule is the NFL trying to screw us over imo

Really? I think we got one of the best schedules we could realistically hope for. ACCCG and Belk Bowl means we have to have a lot of road games to end the year.

Really worried about the Chiefs, I think they are the team waiting for us in the SB if we make it that far. I see them giving us our first home loss in nearly 2 years.

28 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

Really worried about the Chiefs, I think they are the team waiting for us in the SB if we make it that far. I see them giving us our first home loss in nearly 2 years.

If it was in Arrowhead maybe.  No way does Captain Checkdown come to Crown Town and walk out with anything but his tail tucked between his legs.

• Pie 3

I hope we run through the nfl again this year.  I was on cloud 9 all season last year.  

Ppl couldnt tell me poo.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, manu4t said:

I cant wait for the DEN game.  Von Miller has been such a punk since (and, well, before) the SB that I cannot wait for Remmers to get another shot at him and his 70's style Walgreen's glasses.  I hope Cam clowns him when he runs over him and goes in for his fourth rushing TD of the game.

Von miller is a punk, but I'm OK with trash talk. He earned the right with his playoff performances. However, I honestly hope we end Aquib Talib's career after that poo he pulled on Philly! I hate that guy.

• Pie 1

A couple of thoughts.

We were pretty fortunate to get out of both Saints games last year with wins.  Both were nailbiters.  I have a hunch the Saints could come out for blood this year and beat us in the dome even though on paper it should never happen.  But coming at the end of a three game stretch against division opponents, and after a MNF game, it has my attention as a game that could be particularly tough for us.

I also don't like our having to play Atlanta during Christmas week on Saturday after a MNF game.  Even though it's at home, that too could be trouble if we're worn down / are dealing with injuries at that point in the season. 

Last season's loss at Atlanta reminded me NEVER to count out a divisional rival.  (Well... at least not the Falcons or Saints.  We'll see if the Bucs begin to compete harder against us and become a tougher opponent...) Our division has the greatest parity in the league over the past 20 years, IIRC.  We SHOULD dominate the South again, but can't get complacent.

And yeah, facing Seattle in prime time as the 2nd of two West Coast road games..., and with them primed for revenge.  Not one to treat lightly.

I'm thinking 13-3 or 14-2 could be realistic / possible, but of course, there's a long way to go with the draft and training camp still ahead... it's not time to make real predictions yet.  Let's see who we draft, how the roster shapes up,  How KB looks coming back.  How CJ is playing and if Ealy continues to show his Super Bowl form.  Who wins the RT competition.  How Luke recovers from his shoulder surgery. What happens with Josh & his contract and how the team reacts...  I don't see any of the above as serious roadblocks, but they're factors to keep in mind as we look at the season ahead.

What a crazy deal--I'm moving from Denver but will be living in SD/North County when we play the Chargers...on my birthday week.  Hell yes.  I'm there. 

The Panthers play the Falcons on Christmas Eve which will be Chosen's birthday!

I think that's pretty cool.

:)

3 hours ago, davos said:

What a crazy deal--I'm moving from Denver but will be living in SD/North County when we play the Chargers...on my birthday week.  Hell yes.  I'm there. 

Isn't the SD game in Charlotte?

1 hour ago, BigKing said:

He could always go to the Raiders game. 

4 hours ago, BigKing said:

Crikey...nvm haha

Oakland it is. 

my musing is .. I was planiing for a 1pm Sunday in Foreskin land thats O'Bama land for the lamo's as I am off on Sundays..but now!! I have to take a day off and spend more!! ..hmmm..might be cheaper to drive to Charlotte.. I am looking to come for the SF or San diego game

i can see a 10-6 or 9-7 season but also can see a 12-4 and 14-2 season, it'll will be tough to repeat but it all comes down to the draft, we find some playmakers in key positions and were set to be back in the playoffs and a shot at the superbowl.

after looking at the schedule i wouldn't mind de,ss, and cb with 2 of the first 3 picks.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, PhillyB said:

i'm glad we get two weeks to prep for the cardinals. that could actually be the toughest (and possibly most hyped in the media) game on our schedule.

Nobody starting to think that Carson may be wearing down?