Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Carolina Panthers OTAs Week Two Notes and Photos

No surprise on Funch.  He's literally over three full years younger than KB.  Just the biological facts alone say his upside is household name/superstar worthy.

• Pie 1

Currently imagining Funch as 2014 KB, and KB as 2015 preseason KB on roids.

Somewhere down there something's about to pop.

That D500 is delicious 

• Pie 1

Has Tobais Palmer made any plays? I know he's the longshot of all longshots, but would be cool to see him do some good things.

Jonathan Jones has an interesting tidbit posted at the Observer this morning:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article80954337.html

here's an excerpt:

Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera had almost reached his boiling point on a hot Tuesday morning less than an hour into his team’s organized team activities session.

Furious with how many times his defensive linemen were being fooled by Cam Newton’s hard counts, Rivera almost re-started the entire practice from the beginning.

Defenders jumped no fewer than three times, including one from Super Bowl stud defensive end Kony Ealy that had defensive line coach Eric Washington shouting at his players.

“I was real close to starting practice over again,” Rivera said. “I know we have a time limit but when the coaches stepped up and just started going right at the guys I backed off and let the coaches handle it.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article80954337.html#storylink=cpy

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Jonathan Jones has an interesting tidbit posted at the Observer this morning:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article80954337.html

here's an excerpt:

Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera had almost reached his boiling point on a hot Tuesday morning less than an hour into his team’s organized team activities session.

Furious with how many times his defensive linemen were being fooled by Cam Newton’s hard counts, Rivera almost re-started the entire practice from the beginning.

Defenders jumped no fewer than three times, including one from Super Bowl stud defensive end Kony Ealy that had defensive line coach Eric Washington shouting at his players.

“I was real close to starting practice over again,” Rivera said. “I know we have a time limit but when the coaches stepped up and just started going right at the guys I backed off and let the coaches handle it.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article80954337.html#storylink=cpy

And that's how you emphasize focus. Nice.

Is Hill wearing lineman shoes? They look like clunky walmart cleats. Can someone get the man some of those lightweight stream lined shoes, please?

On 5/31/2016 at 2:53 PM, KB_fan said:

Yeah, that was my least favorite Panthers' tidbit to read today. 

In reality I'd assume Remmers would first get a crack at LT, with D. Williams taking over for Remmers at RT. 

Agreed. There is no way Foucault is better than Remmers, even if Remmers is moved to the left side. Who knows though, maybe Foucault has made strides. Let's hope Oher stays healthy and its a moot point.

• Pie 1

I am so sick of Ginn's drops. 

That WR group will be so sick this year

1) KB

2) Funch

3) Ginn 

4) Philly

5) Hill/Garrett

I really think Sandland will come along too and be a threat in the passing game with Olsen. The two tight end set will be hard to stop much like with Olsen and Shockey. The tight ends and all the speedy big play making receivers will really require a lot of attention from defenses and spread the field wide open for Cam. It's a very scary thought. 

Another thing I'm excited about is Cam's work at the line of scrimmage. His cadence will have teams jumping all over the place on 3rd and short and 4th and short. Just have to get the oline used to it. 

It seems like the intensity and focus is already there. Last season wasn't good enough. It's time to finish what we started. Everyone seems to be on board

• Pie 3

I know it's underwear Olympics, but I went from 6 to midnight watching this one.

ezgif-4182395912.gif

Edited by VerticalThreat
  • Pie 1

On 6/1/2016 at 8:42 AM, imminent rogaine said:

Is Hill wearing lineman shoes? They look like clunky walmart cleats. Can someone get the man some of those lightweight stream lined shoes, please?

Hard to tell without a closeup but I think those are the Jordan football cleats. Basically, basketball shoes with different soles. Dez Bryant wears them as well. They do look cheap as hell but I think that may be the white border along the bottom that accentuates that look. They provide more support than most football cleats so it may be good for some who has had quite a few knee issues in his career.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/jordan-retro-7-td-football-cleat/pid-10264710/pgid-11401762

The Jumpman logo isn't allowed to be shown because they aren't an NFL sanctioned shoe.

• Pie 1