Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

UEFA Champs

Recommended Posts

Who you have?  I'm going Juventus.  Best defense on the planet and the best keeper for my money.  Also, hate Real.  Any predictions?  2-1 Juvy tomorrow for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Mandzukic with an absolute beauty of a goal. Navas went after it with the wrong hand but he probably wouldn't have been able to keep it out regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love soccer but have yet to invest the time to understand the game 100%. Why on earth does Juventus let CR7 just run free? Someone help me out here. Yeah, dude is GOAT maybe, but the second goal he got ... no one was even keeping pace with him. He just straight up ran forward and kicked it in. Why did the nearest defender watch the ball and not GOAT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

I love soccer but have yet to invest the time to understand the game 100%. Why on earth does Juventus let CR7 just run free? Someone help me out here. Yeah, dude is GOAT maybe, but the second goal he got ... no one was even keeping pace with him. He just straight up ran forward and kicked it in. Why did the nearest defender watch the ball and not GOAT?

A large part of Ronaldos genius is being at the perfect place at the perfect time.  Add his amazing finishing talent and you got one of the best ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, what would happen if a team stuck someone on him. Like the way teams spy Cam or we used to spy Vick. Would it hurt a defense that much to put one man on him the entire time? I mean, the dude close to him had his back turned. He had no idea what CR7 was even doing. That seems crazy to me. Same with his first goal. He passed, ran up, NO ONE even challenged his spot and he got the pass back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

But, what would happen if a team stuck someone on him. Like the way teams spy Cam or we used to spy Vick. Would it hurt a defense that much to put one man on him the entire time? I mean, the dude close to him had his back turned. He had no idea what CR7 was even doing. That seems crazy to me. Same with his first goal. He passed, ran up, NO ONE even challenged his spot and he got the pass back.

You can't play man to man in soccer with the way the ball is played around the pitch. What makes Ronaldo great asides from his physical abilities is his ability to be in the right place at the right time and anticipate where there is going to be space so his teammates can find him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All credit to Madrid, they thoroughly outplayed Juve in the 2nd half. Ronaldo was lethal, Marcelo is the best left back in the world, and Dybala was a nonfactor out there. Sergio Ramos is a great player but an absolute c***.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe how arguably the 5 best players in the world all play for Real or Barcelona. Something about taxes and TV rights, but still ... seems so unfair to the lesser La Liga squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't even realized CL finals were on today.  Zero advertisement... yet they advertise EPL games all the time.  Funny how it works.  I guess US just does not give a poo about CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

EPL... who? La Liga has the king of kings. Say what you want about Madrid and CR7 but this is why I cite La Liga's superiority over the EPL. Physicality is only half the game. Technique is the other.

Just think... we got Asensio, Vallejo, Isco, T. Hernandez, Kovacic, etc. We are virtually set for the future too with a lot of youth on our side. We could easily get another title or two in the next three years.

So Barca and RM being the 2 best teams of the past decade is your reasoning for the whole of La Liga being better than the whole of the EPL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

So Barca and RM being the 2 best teams of the past decade is your reasoning for the whole of La Liga being better than the whole of the EPL?

Yeah thats horseshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,526
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    YeahManD
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      143,058
    • Total Posts
      4,591,251
×