Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

CRA

The Official Robert Mueller is comin! Thread

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

What about The Awan brothers is a new whatabout for me.

Hey if Forbes opinion writer whatabout it - then we should whatabout it also:

Forbes and Fox news opinion writer extraordinaire:

---

This Thanksgiving, we want our NFL back

Like millions of Americans, I plan to watch football on TV on Thanksgiving – in my case, the New York Giants versus the Washington Redskins. But if I see players protesting during the playing of our national anthem and disgracing our flag, I’m turning off the TV.

Enough is enough.

But now we have athletes in the National Football League refusing to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” and we are supposed to applaud them for it? On Thanksgiving, of all days, they should be giving thanks for their ability to make more money in one season than many Americans make in a lifetime of work.

The NFL players who think they are doing a moral and courageous thing by taking a knee during the national anthem should be ashamed of what they are destroying. They are showing up to a peaceful celebration of American values and stepping all over it.

There is a place for athletes to protest on their own time. They can command media attention if they stage an event or hold a news conference on non-playing days. They can be interviewed on TV, radio or by publications. They can write op-eds. They make enough money to buy ads to run in any media organization they desire. And they can donate some of their big salaries to any advocacy group they want.

But players should not be protesting while they are being paid to work (even though we call their work “play”). How many of us would still have jobs if we held protest demonstrations at our workplaces, while we were being paid to do work?

More importantly, protests should not occur at a place where Americans of every background and a broad range of political beliefs come together to cheer or jeer at teams in contests of athletic skill.

Protesting the American flag at a game is an insult to the men and women in our armed forces who have risked their lives – and in some cases died – bravely fighting for our freedoms.

--

2 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Hey if Forbes opinion writer whatabout it - then we should whatabout it also:

Forbes and Fox news opinion writer extraordinaire:

---

This Thanksgiving, we want our NFL back

Like millions of Americans, I plan to watch football on TV on Thanksgiving – in my case, the New York Giants versus the Washington Redskins. But if I see players protesting during the playing of our national anthem and disgracing our flag, I’m turning off the TV.

Enough is enough.

But now we have athletes in the National Football League refusing to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” and we are supposed to applaud them for it? On Thanksgiving, of all days, they should be giving thanks for their ability to make more money in one season than many Americans make in a lifetime of work.

The NFL players who think they are doing a moral and courageous thing by taking a knee during the national anthem should be ashamed of what they are destroying. They are showing up to a peaceful celebration of American values and stepping all over it.

There is a place for athletes to protest on their own time. They can command media attention if they stage an event or hold a news conference on non-playing days. They can be interviewed on TV, radio or by publications. They can write op-eds. They make enough money to buy ads to run in any media organization they desire. And they can donate some of their big salaries to any advocacy group they want.

But players should not be protesting while they are being paid to work (even though we call their work “play”). How many of us would still have jobs if we held protest demonstrations at our workplaces, while we were being paid to do work?

More importantly, protests should not occur at a place where Americans of every background and a broad range of political beliefs come together to cheer or jeer at teams in contests of athletic skill.

Protesting the American flag at a game is an insult to the men and women in our armed forces who have risked their lives – and in some cases died – bravely fighting for our freedoms.

--

squirrel

10 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

wait, I had no idea that the conspiracy theory tied into the seth rich thing.  Rich gave wikileaks the DNC emails, wait no it was Awan! 

Hey guys, its May 2nd 2018 obviously Mueller has nothing its taking so long and look at my Wasserman conspiracy theory back from November 2017, thats what the media should be focused on this 6 month old conspiracy theory.

again you are overthinking because you see my name. Not saying Mueller has nothing at all. I'm saying it won't be as salacious as many hope for but at the same time I'm saying that Awan brothers issue is a piece of this large puzzle.

Sorry for making some of youe syntaxes to misfire.

Just now, pstall said:

squirrel

You brought conservative opinion writer Frank Miniter into the conversation.  I provided what other recent opinions he had.  Embarrassing huh.

It's still my opinion the first post was really only a veiled jab at the investigation and people who think the investigation is valid. Some people purposefully refrain from being blunt so they can stay aloft and claim whatever position they wish to hold in the future without admitting being wrong. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Yeah i like how he comes in asking what is happening with the investigation since he is too aloof to spend every waking hour dwelling on it like us plebes. So Cat is nice enough to walk him through it.

Yet when he makes random obscure references that we ask him to explain his response is "go find it."

I think we should all feel honored to be in his presence.

did you see how fast Forbes was discredited on something completely unrelated to what I posted? hence the request to do their own homework. 

Just now, Cat said:

It's still my opinion the first post was really only a veiled jab at the investigation and people who think the investigation is valid. Some people purposefully refrain from being blunt so they can stay aloft and claim whatever position they wish to hold in the future without admitting being wrong. 

nope. but carry on.

5 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

You brought conservative opinion writer Frank Miniter into the conversation.  I provided what other recent opinions he had.  Embarrassing huh.

now articulate the IT scandal that is free from opinion. 

I believe in you. you can do it.

7 minutes ago, pstall said:

did you see how fast Forbes was discredited on something completely unrelated to what I posted? hence the request to do their own homework. 

Forbes is fine.

Do you know a difference between opinion writers and articles though.  What you shared to us from Forbes has this disclaimer on it:

--

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

--

You provided a right wing opinion piece and expected us to believe it was some journalistic article by the writers at forbes.  I am sorry that failed you.

Edited by Fryfan

and to be clear. whatever they find on Trump prosecute, fine,  jail, whatever needs to happen.

But dont let this circus distract from the shady stuff from the DNC that is just as inextricably linked to this as well.

and there it is...

Trump bluntly telling people the move and only move he has been bluntly telegraphing and trying to build for some time.  Trump knows he has to to try to bring it all down.  

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Forbes is fine.

Do you know a difference between opinion writers and articles though.  What you shared to us from Forbes has this disclaimer on it:

--

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

--

oye.

Yeah she has been shamed but some more.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/it-was-bad-donna-brazile-breaks-silence-on-latest-awan-brothers-scandal-stunner-video/

2 minutes ago, pstall said:

and to be clear. whatever they find on Trump prosecute, fine,  jail, whatever needs to happen.

But dont let this circus distract from the shady stuff from the DNC that is just as inextricably linked to this as well.

The FBI better not let the Trump "junk" distract from all the "shady stuff from the DNC"!  

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

and there it is...

Trump bluntly telling people the move and only move he has been bluntly telegraphing and trying to build for some time.  Trump knows he has to to try to bring it all down.  

Like I said, I wont be cool with Trump using power to circumvent justice process. 

Could he make himself seem anymore guilty? 

Edited by Cat

Do you read the gateway pundit?   I am sorry if you do.

But onto the actual quote from Brazile which I have no reason to believe is falsified (Gateway pundit does that more often then not btw):

--

“They worked I believe in the House of Representatives. I haven’t worked on the hill since 1999. So 2000 when I left, so no, I don’t know anything about that series of what I call in many ways, it was a management failure. It was bad.”

“We should vet everybody not just Democratic staffers. Every staffer who works for the House of Representatives or the United States Senate.

“Anybody should be vetted,” Brazile concluded.

--

I am not sure what you think she is saying.  She is calling for a better vetting process - good I agree.  We also need one in the white house, management there seems pretty damn bad also.