Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

CRA

The Official Robert Mueller is comin! Thread

Stirs has nothing to say.

Deep down all these republican posters that have mostly disappeared know if they say what they want that it will come back to haunt him soon enough.

Well this is an interesting assertion by a judge. 

A federal judge sharply challenged special counsel Robert Mueller's prosecution team Friday, questioning how its indictment of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on financial charges relates to Mueller's core mandate to investigate alleged 2016 Russian election interference.

U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis said Mueller's team seemed to be pursuing the case — which involves bank and tax fraud — in order to "tighten the screws" on Manafort, in the hope that he will testify against others including President Donald Trump

"I don't see what relation this indictment has with what the special counsel is authorized to investigate," Ellis said during an hourlong hearing in Alexandria, Virginia. "You don't really care about Mr. Manafort's bank fraud. ... What you really care about is what information Mr. Manafort could give you that would reflect on Mr. Trump or lead to his prosecution or impeachment."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-challenged-manafort-case-568935

Former FBI special agent Asha Rangappa characterized Ellis' remarks about prosecutors aiming to get Manafort to flip as "bizarre commentary."

"Unless there is something legally amiss in the indictment, speculating re motives of the [special counsel] is beyond the judge's purview (and also seems to suggest that there is a connection [between] Manafort's criminal bank fraud and Trump," she wrote on Twitter.

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti echoed that view.

"Whether the special counsel wants Manafort to flip is not relevant to the question of whether this indictment is within the scope of his jurisdiction," he wrote. "If the judge considers Mueller's motivation in bringing the indictment and dismisses it, that's reversible error."

He added: "Even if the judge ultimately does not take his view of Mueller's motivations into account in his ruling, he politicized the proceeding with comments that were unnecessary and created an appearance that he has a political agenda."

• Pie 1

Opinion from people in the courtroom that know this judge is he is usually hardest on the side he favors with, as a way to show he considers both sides amongst other reasons. 

40 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Former FBI special agent Asha Rangappa characterized Ellis' remarks about prosecutors aiming to get Manafort to flip as "bizarre commentary."

"Unless there is something legally amiss in the indictment, speculating re motives of the [special counsel] is beyond the judge's purview (and also seems to suggest that there is a connection [between] Manafort's criminal bank fraud and Trump," she wrote on Twitter.

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti echoed that view.

"Whether the special counsel wants Manafort to flip is not relevant to the question of whether this indictment is within the scope of his jurisdiction," he wrote. "If the judge considers Mueller's motivation in bringing the indictment and dismisses it, that's reversible error."

He added: "Even if the judge ultimately does not take his view of Mueller's motivations into account in his ruling, he politicized the proceeding with comments that were unnecessary and created an appearance that he has a political agenda."

yeah, all reports sounds like this judge has a reputation for doing some of this grandstanding. 

but yeah, it does seem kinda crazy for a judge to be adding his secret sauce to this particular case.  Because it does bring a fair amount of politicizing to this and you would think this would be the one case he would want to make sure he does bring a ton of nonsense to it. 

I said this in the wrong thread - belongs here

I think right now Muller is building a RICO case against dotard and his acolytes.

Read through this definition - if everything we have found out so far proves true, all the elements are in place.  its going to be next to impossible for dotard to weasel out of this.

https://www.federalcharges.com/understanding-rico-conspiracy-charges/

• Pie 1

Trumpers need to follow this Republican and former special ops guy....he always knows when the goods are coming 

and he use to think Trump actually would end up being okay when Russia gate first started....then he learned what his peeps learned little by little 

more dirt - thanks kanye

A company at the center of widening questions involving President Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen is listed as the organization behind a string of websites targeted toward white nationalists and other members of the alt-right.

Columbus Nova, a company whose U.S. chief executive, Andrew Intrater, and Russian investment partner Viktor Vekselberg have both reportedly been interviewed by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team, is listed as the registrant behind a handful of domains for websites named after the alt-right that were created during the 2016 election.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/05/09/russia-linked-company-that-hired-michael-cohen-registered-alt-right-websites-during-election/?utm_term=.93472a10fd82

Who is worried? Everyone Mueller hasn’t talked too. 

Pence pretty much quoting Nixon one year before Nixon resigned. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

Who is worried? Everyone Mueller hasn’t talked too. 

Pence pretty much quoting Nixon one year before Nixon resigned. 

That Pence quote is cringe worthy. I wish the interviewer would have directly followed with, “I’m sure it would be over sooner if Trump would agree to an interview like he’s been asked to do by the special counsel.”

Everyone involved knows Trump and his goons are guilty of a multitude of crimes.

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

That Pence quote is cringe worthy. I wish the interviewer would have directly followed with, “I’m sure it would be over sooner if Trump would agree to an interview like he’s been asked to do by the special counsel.”

Everyone involved knows Trump and his goons are guilty of a multitude of crimes.

What’s the quote?

11 minutes ago, jayflip said:

What’s the quote?

Mitchell asked if Pence thought Mueller could be trusted, and whether he thought the special counsel was a “bad guy.”

Pence declined to answer, instead stating that the administration has been cooperative with the probe.

“Do you think this investigation is a hoax?” Mitchell pressed.

“What I think is that it’s been about a year since this investigation began,” Pence replied. “Our administration has provided over a million documents, we’ve fully cooperated in it.

“In the interest of the country, I think it’s time to wrap it up,” Pence said. “I would very respectfully encourage the special counsel and his team to bring their work to completion.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/vp-pence-on-mueller-investigation-its-time-to-wrap-it-up/

Edited by themikestrick
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

56 minutes ago, themikestrick said:

Mitchell asked if Pence thought Mueller could be trusted, and whether he thought the special counsel was a “bad guy.”

Pence declined to answer, instead stating that the administration has been cooperative with the probe.

“Do you think this investigation is a hoax?” Mitchell pressed.

“What I think is that it’s been about a year since this investigation began,” Pence replied. “Our administration has provided over a million documents, we’ve fully cooperated in it.

“In the interest of the country, I think it’s time to wrap it up,” Pence said. “I would very respectfully encourage the special counsel and his team to bring their work to completion.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/vp-pence-on-mueller-investigation-its-time-to-wrap-it-up/

Mike Pence is a more well spoken @Dr. Zin

Edited by jayflip