• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MillionDollarCam

2017-2018 Carolina Hurricanes Season

Worked the late shift tonight so I missed the game.

Glad to see we got the win! Dundon is doing a remarkable job as the owner. It's pretty cool to see the Whalers logo and hear Brass Bonanza throughout the arena.

Hoping for two more points tomorrow.

Interesting stat: Projected points needed for a playoff spot sits at 90. Out of the 31 games left for the Canes, 17 of them are against teams that are tied with us or below us in the standings. If the Canes were to win those 17 games they'd be right at 90 points.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Worked the late shift tonight so I missed the game.

Glad to see we got the win! Dundon is doing a remarkable job as the owner. It's pretty cool to see the Whalers logo and hear Brass Bonanza throughout the arena.

Hoping for two more points tomorrow.

Interesting stat: Projected points needed for a playoff spot sits at 90. Out of the 31 games left for the Canes, 17 of them are against teams that are tied with us or below us in the standings. If the Canes were to win those 17 games they'd be right at 90 points.

90 should do it, 95+ is all but a guarantee. This would mean beating Boston at least once and beating Pittsburgh again. No regulation losses to Boston and NJ would be best case scenario as far as points go. I think we make the wildcard. 

10 hours ago, lightsout said:

Whatever section you're in, you're responsible for getting everybody near it pumped for three full periods.

I'll be in the "entitled" club section, so highly doubtful. 

Should be rowdy regardless, good sir. Simple fact that it's NC State fan night. 

I was going back and reading through this thread and I believe I counted 10 different posters.

Hopefully as the season gets closer to an end and with the Canes still in it we'll be able to get more attention.

It would be nice to have a game day thread.

Anywho, pretty important one tonight, we have to beat the teams we are clearly better than. If Carolina wins in regulation or OT they will jump both Philly and Columbus.

Tough 2-1 loss in OT. This team just needs more full strength scoring. The PP and PK are playing great, but if we can't find ways to score in the division at full strength, we're going to struggle the rest of the way. The division is WAY too tight in terms of points to be giving away points with OT games.

Huge 4-1 win after starting the game hot. Solid D in front of Darling and the one he let in wasn't entirely on him (though he could've been a bit more centered) due to it deflecting off two guys in front AND being screened.

If we can get by Colorado in regulation on Saturday, that 4 point swing puts us at the 8th slot for at least one day. As it stands, we're 3 points back of New Jersey who sits at 6. We're still very much in this race, but we don't have the luxury of dropping a point in OTL too many more times, especially to teams in the Eastern Conf. 

Need Philly to lose tomorrow night to be tied with them for the 7th seed. They also play NJ next week, so that could hurt us either way. All the more reason to keep getting regulation wins so we can keep pace.

Canes look pretty lively on the tail end of this back to back.

In recent history Carolina has always failed to win the games that push them over the top into a playoff spot, tied at 1-1 at the end of one, we still have a chance.

Have yourself a game Brock McGinn! The sheer effort from everybody in the last two games is fantastic. If this keeps up, this team can play with anybody. Ward was very steady as he has been the vast majority of the season, and my god all three D pairings were phenomenal. Only a couple of nervous chances all game and Ward snagged all but one. Just a great, great game against a team in a similar situation to us.

The Canes had a YUGEEEEE 7-3 win over the Kings tonight.

A couple of notes from the game.

- Justin Faulk became the 10th defenseman in NHL HISTORY to record a natural hat trick and the first Canes defenseman to record a natural hat trick. Faulk's hat trick was the 5th hat trick by a Canes defenseman in their history.

- The Canes recalled Checkers captain Patrick Brown who is statistically on pace for his best professional season. Brown has recorded 6 goals, 14 assists, and 20 points in 44 games this year.

The Canes are still hanging on to the final wild card spot in the east with Columbus on our heels. If there was ever a time for a big win streak, it's now. The Canes next four opponents are metropolitan rivals in New Jersey (X2), the New York Islanders, and Pittsburgh.

The next four are absolutely point must-haves. Regulation losses only make staying in the hunt hard. 

If we can survive this week with NJ and NYI, we will be solidly in the 7th seed and possibly the 6th if Philly falters. We're still in striking distance of Pittsburgh as well, so we need these next four, preferably as regulation wins.

The wheels have fallen off for the Canes. Ron Francis has been "reassigned" and Dundon is actively looking for a new general manger.

On the plus side, there are reports that the Canes may be preparing to throw a huge offer at John Tavares once the season is over and free agency opens up.