• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJTG4

Pretty interesting article.. Worley seems unhappy. Rivera comments.

To be successful you have to be humble. You are going to get beat, don’t blame anyone. Keep quiet and get better if you can. I’m a big time Worley fan and think he can make it. Just shut up and put up. Nothing else. 

He just needs to pipe down on the talk and focus on improving. I'd send his ass packing before I let a marginal player impact our locker room. Not saying we're even close to that point yet, but if it came to it...

fWx327.gif

I was surprised that we didn't add competition for him in the offseason. Seems like going through camp and preseason penciled in as a starter went to his head.

Instead of whining about not playing he should go out there on Gamedays and dominate every single snap. The single quickest way to get playing time is to perform when it matters

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

That's the thing. It's not revisionist history. Norman took over games in preseason at least. When has Worley taken over any type of game? Worley has always been getting abused. 

I really don’t get the comparison with Norman in this thread...

Norman was not disciplined. He had talent like hell and showed many flashes of greatness. His issue was being too aggressive and out of place instead of sticking with an assignment. Probably didn’t rub well with a coach like Rivera who as a coach I like, but probably had no idea how to deal with that. Rivera can’t seem to shape and get the best out of a reckless player and only real solution was to bench him.

So he was put in the doghouse instead of utilized which to this day I was livid about on this board. Norman’s issues and Rivera’s lack of ability to coach a personality like Norman is what held him back.

Worley is just not showing anything to be honest. Maybe he will bloom into a decent situational or rotational CB but no flashes like Norman. I can’t see him becoming a starter.

2 hours ago, ludwig51 said:

He's so bad gives up a td every game

4 out of 9 games, teams haven't scored any touchdowns against us. 

WORLEY DEMANDS ANSWERS!!!!!

he needs to understand this:

if you don't like having competition, be better than the competition.

if you don't like losing to the competition, get better than the competition.

either way...don't go whining to the press about it. they won't help you. they can't help you. they won't do you any favors. it will only make you look bad.

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd like to see them transition him to free safety. He would be really good there.

Seems like a more natural fit, seeing as how he likes to line up 20 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I'd like to see fans support the players even if they aren't pro bowlers in year 2. 

What I like about this is that Worley 1) isn't complacent, but wants to be the starter and 2) he went to the coaches and advocated for himself.

He is young and complaining to a reporter isn't the wisest way to deal with that frustration.

I think Worley has a point about getting in a groove.  On the other hand, while he has improved some with in the system,  he is not as effective as Bradberry and it is a liability in certain situations.

Seymour isn't All-World either.  But he is a little more consistent.  That's what the coaches are looking for as a complement to Bradberry.  Who, by the way, is quietly becoming an excellent corner for us.  

Bradberry could be a pro-bowl corner in this defense. Worley will never be at that level and that's probably also part of his frustration. His ceiling is much lower and the coaches are obviously adjusting for that.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd like to see them transition him to free safety. He would be really good there.

Maybe

But everytime I here about a young corner who we try to put in at FS transition.  I Cringe at the thought of Sherrod Martin

Worley is young and has talent. I think he needs to learn the SS position and could be a great depth/rotational guy for us at CB against slower WRs and at SS. With Elder coming back next year, the CB position is slowly becoming a strength for us...

Worley is good a CB & I expect him and Seymour to make plays for the team. 

In the postseason we will need all the depth for the long run!