Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

"So what about this is objectively wrong?" (pg. 84 title change)

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dol/supp_info/burge-reparations-information/burge-reparations--frequently-asked-questions.html

CITY OF CHICAGO REPARATIONS FOR BURGE TORTURE VICTIMS - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. Who is eligible for financial reparations?

Any person who has a credible claim of torture or physical abuse by Jon Burge or one of the officers under his command at Area 2 or Area 3 Police Headquarters between May 1, 1972 and November 30, 1991 is eligible for financial reparations, if that person filed a claim for financial reparations on or before August 4, 2015.

6. If I file a claim for financial reparations, will I have to waive my claims against the City?

Yes. As a precondition to being considered for financial reparations, you must sign a written waiver and release of any claims, losses, damages, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, in any way arising out of or relating to the torture or physical abuse.

uhhh

The 28-year-old Manuel, who was also hospitalized after the crash, was arrested Feb. 16 on one count of negligent homicide in the fatal crash.

The officer will remain on paid administrative leave until an internal investigation wraps up, but the investigation will not begin until he recovers from his injuries and is released to work by a doctor.

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

33 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

Wtf is this poo??

The officer was arrested for negligent homicide.  The driver failed to have the baby secured in the car seat correctly hence her issue.

He is in for a tougher punishment but she has fault also.

Having a kid - the car seat stuff is serious.  You dont mess around with it.

I do hope they go hard after the douche policeman speeding in his car.   He sounds like a real prick.

He is in for a tougher punishment

as always when it comes to cops, i'll believe it when i see it and not a moment sooner

but she has fault also.

is it equal fault? she's facing the exact same charge after all. do you believe that the woman who *allegedly* failed to adequately secure her child in her car seat is equally culpable as the off duty pork product who t-boned their car while blowing through an intersection at nearly 100 mph? this reeks of local police beginning to lay the foundation for the cop's defense. hopefully they prove me wrong because the mother doesn't deserve this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nondrinker-wrongly-charged-with-dui-gets-nearly-1m-from-nyc/

NEW YORK — A man who doesn't drink but was arrested on an impaired driving charge has settled his lawsuit against New York City for nearly $1 million.

According to the Daily News, Oliver Wiggins says he was charged in a cover-up after an officer ran a Brooklyn stop sign and hit his car in 2015. 

"It is our position that the police officers attempted to do that simply to hide the fact and cover up the fact that they operated their vehicle in a reckless manor," lawyer Scott Rynecki told CBS New York at the time.

Wiggins tested negative for alcohol and drugs. Three months later, prosecutors dismissed the charges.

Wiggins says he had his driver's license suspended and his insurance company wouldn't cover car repairs because of the arrest. He also reportedly injured his arm.

The New York Police Department referred a comment request to the New York City Law Department, which says settling the case was in the city's best interest.

According to the Daily News, the officers involved in the case have not been charged with any wrongdoing and are still employed by the department.