Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

"So what about this is objectively wrong?" (pg. 84 title change)

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not at all. 10,000 to me just seems an incredibly low number for a payoff.

it is the single largest contribution to her campaign. sometimes things seem weird when you cannot fully grasp the facts and context of a situation

i think military people are much more likely to be decent than cops. recruiters lie to kids and tell them all the amazing things they're going to get out of the military, how they'll be set for life, get into the college of their choice after, etc.

but cops join because they want to be cops.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

It isn’t. It’s akin to any sweeping generalization rife with inaccurate and outlandish statements. Change the subject of the post to it being about any minority group and it’s just as much of a poo post.

i read it and instantly was reminded of trump saying Mexican immigrants are rapists and drug dealers.

Well then you did not really think out what you read.

Joining our military is signing up to protect our current foreign policy - one especially post 9/11 has been very specific in who we bomb and engage with.  

Now our military is filled with all sorts of people but we also know through its marketing and how it is a set path for some that may not be able to choose a college path gets its share of less intelligent grunts to do its heavy lifting - the military has a large number of aggressive alpha males and time and time again we see racist poo from our military.

So my comment on fug support the troops is that our troops should not get blanket support - we have a shitty foreign policy that the troops are upholding and we have members in the military that are shitty people.  

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

it's nothing like that at all actually. being a troop is a choice and that choice has some pretty serious consequences (much like being a cop, just on the global scale). i support his post and all likeminded posts in this good thread.

The sweeping generalizations of joining to shoot brown people and that most who join are racist fugs is the poo post.

i mean I know you have a pre conceived notion of people who join the military and it’s pretty gross so I won’t try to change your mind but it’s a poo post nonetheless.

being a cop in America and joining the military may have some similiarites but they are different 

18 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i think military people are much more likely to be decent than cops. recruiters lie to kids and tell them all the amazing things they're going to get out of the military, how they'll be set for life, get into the college of their choice after, etc.

but cops join because they want to be cops.

When I was unemployed for a few months back in the 90s a Marine/police detective buddy of mine suggested I join the police force, I had never thought about that before and immediately I thought "I'd never do that!"

17 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Well then you did not really think out what you read.

Joining our military is signing up to protect our current foreign policy - one especially post 9/11 has been very specific in who we bomb and engage with.  

Now our military is filled with all sorts of people but we also know through its marketing and how it is a set path for some that may not be able to choose a college path gets its share of less intelligent grunts to do its heavy lifting - the military has a large number of aggressive alpha males and time and time again we see racist poo from our military.

So my comment on fug support the troops is that our troops should not get blanket support - we have a shitty foreign policy that the troops are upholding and we have members in the military that are shitty people.  

How about treat people as individuals. No blanket support and no blanket condemnation calling most of the racist pos’ that wanna shoot brown people. 

Especially when you don’t know the people or why they join. 

Wanna blame people for the shitty foreign policy? Don’t support war hawk candidates. Don’t try to poo on people with no power or influence

17 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

it's nothing like that at all actually. being a troop is a choice and that choice has some pretty serious consequences (much like being a cop, just on the global scale). i support his post and all likeminded posts in this good thread.

this is like saying being in a gang or being a dealer or being impoverished is just one simple choice you make like picking what clothes you feel like wearing that day. 

it's completely detached from context and externalities that are heavily weighted for someone young and naive where they've been indoctrinated to believe that it's the only way to escape the hellhole they're born into.

not saying that there's not tons of psychopaths that just wanna waste whoever hates our freedom but this is something I would expect to hear from a madhatter type person.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

How about treat people as individuals. No blanket support and no blanket condemnation calling most of the racist pos’ that wanna shoot brown people. 

Especially when you don’t know the people or why they join. 

Wanna blame people for the shitty foreign policy? Don’t support war hawk candidates. Don’t try to poo on people with no power or influence

I do.

I treat our military as a unit that is a arm of our foreign policy and call the military out.  fug the military.

Edited by Fryfan

Support our cops:

--

(CNN)Sacramento police officers shot and killed a black man in his grandmother's backyard because they believed he was pointing a gun at them, police said.

But investigators say they did not find a weapon at the scene, only a cell phone near the man's body.
The fatal shooting of Stephon Clark on Sunday night was recorded by two officers' body cameras and from a police helicopter; that footage was released Wednesday.
The videos show a brief encounter between police and Clark, lasting less than a minute, from the moment one of the officers spotted him in the driveway and yelled, "Hey, show me your hands. Stop. Stop."

In the dark, the two police officers chased Clark into the backyard of his grandmother's home.
"Show me your hands!" one of the officers yelled. "Gun, gun, gun."
Then police opened fire. Clark crumpled to the ground, momentarily tried to crawl before falling motionless as more shots erupted around him.

The officers fired 20 times at Clark and he was hit multiple times, police told CNN affiliate KOVR. Officers then handcuffed Clark and began life-saving efforts, according to police. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Edited by Fryfan

15 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

this is like saying being in a gang or being a dealer or being impoverished is just one simple choice you make like picking what clothes you feel like wearing that day. 

it's completely detached from context and externalities that are heavily weighted for someone young and naive where they've been indoctrinated to believe that it's the only way to escape the hellhole they're born into.

not saying that there's not tons of psychopaths that just wanna waste whoever hates our freedom but this is something I would expect to hear from a madhatter type person.

the troops who join to "escape a hellhole" are the clear minority. i will talk more about this later but felt the need to touch on it now since you've compared my words to those of the irresponsible racist who nearly killed his own kid

It may be almost a decade old, but this leaked Delta Force training video is what aspiring ass-kickers walking into a recruiter’s office dream of.

Leaked at the height of the Iraq War and a year after the 2007 troop surge under then-President George W. Bush, the eight-minute video clip is, according to We Are The Mighty, one of the only publicly available videos showing training from 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta ― the elite operators are seen touting the weapons, gear, and tactics that make them among the most lethal warriors in the U.S. military.

And boy, this video has everything: quick-draw gun antics, aggressive tactical driving, high altitude jumps, some sniping from helicopter doors and, last but not least, highly trained, would-be Deltas breaching every structure in sight. Oh, and it’s scored to AC/DC’s Shoot to Thrill?!?!?! SIGN ME THE fug UP!!!

According to We Are The Mighty, rumors circulated among the military and veterans community as the time of the video’s publication suggesting that the video was leaked by Delta Force itself to bolster recruiting amid increasing burnout and casualties incurred during the opening years of the Global War on Terror. And if that’s the case, the 1st SFOD-D did a damn fine job.

Edited by Fryfan
  • The D 1

43 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Support our cops:

--

(CNN)Sacramento police officers shot and killed a black man in his grandmother's backyard because they believed he was pointing a gun at them, police said.

But investigators say they did not find a weapon at the scene, only a cell phone near the man's body.
The fatal shooting of Stephon Clark on Sunday night was recorded by two officers' body cameras and from a police helicopter; that footage was released Wednesday.
The videos show a brief encounter between police and Clark, lasting less than a minute, from the moment one of the officers spotted him in the driveway and yelled, "Hey, show me your hands. Stop. Stop."

In the dark, the two police officers chased Clark into the backyard of his grandmother's home.
"Show me your hands!" one of the officers yelled. "Gun, gun, gun."
Then police opened fire. Clark crumpled to the ground, momentarily tried to crawl before falling motionless as more shots erupted around him.

The officers fired 20 times at Clark and he was hit multiple times, police told CNN affiliate KOVR. Officers then handcuffed Clark and began life-saving efforts, according to police. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

They should immediately be fired just like the cops that didn't go into the Parkland building. They failed to serve and protect, they were scared and made bad choices. 

4 minutes ago, Cat said:

They should immediately be fired just like the cops that didn't go into the Parkland building. They failed to serve and protect, they were scared and made bad choices. 

Meh, they'll say they feared for their lives & get off. 

Just like teachers will be doing soon.

26 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

the troops who join to "escape a hellhole" are the clear minority. i will talk more about this later but felt the need to touch on it now since you've compared my words to those of the irresponsible racist who nearly killed his own kid

I'd agree just based on personal experience but that other post read like either troops are like cops in that ALL of them are either attracted to being judge dredd or will defend the institutional corruption

I can count on one hand the amount of LEOs that even gone out of their way to say we need drastic reform in this country. The military circumstances that have been described is waaay more prevalent that it should be acknowledged even if it's still not the majority.