Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

the brave boys in blue

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Read the rest of their twitter. At least for the most part that department had a sense of humor. 

nothing illegal about being parked in an empty parking lot. what's not cool is bragging about busting some teens smoking weed in an empty parking lot and harming nobody. add that to the fact that those cops indirectly endangered more people's lives by accosting those teens and leading to their inebriated mother driving to pick them up.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

nothing illegal about being parked in an empty parking lot. what's not cool is bragging about busting some teens smoking weed in an empty parking lot and harming nobody. add that to the fact that those cops indirectly endangered more people's lives by accosting those teens and leading to their inebriated mother driving to pick them up.

True, but sitting alone in an empty parking lot is asking for a drive by. Doesn’t matter if your doing anything criminal or not. What if it was a pedophile with a little girl in the car. The cops are gonna roll by and check it out. 

Ya, bragging about it is eh, but they do have a lot of pretty funny poo on their twitter comparatively to most departments. 

True, but sitting alone in an empty parking lot is asking for a drive by. Doesn’t matter if your doing anything criminal or not. What if it was a pedophile with a little girl in the car. The cops are gonna roll by and check it out. 

Ya, bragging about it is eh, but they do have a lot of pretty funny poo on their twitter comparatively to most departments. 

they were just asking for it is a terrible justification. cops harassing people in empty parking lots but take hours to respond to gunshots in majority-minority neighborhoods.

16 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

they were just asking for it is a terrible justification. cops harassing people in empty parking lots but take hours to respond to gunshots in majority-minority neighborhoods.

I’d say find a better spot or do it at home. 

I lived in Vancouver during the end of my teens, I was with a group of classmates downtown and we were at a local comedy club supporting some friends. A group of us went outside to go burn one and have some cigs. So I took my puff(mind you it was 100% decriminalized there but still in that Grey area between fully legal and not legal.) and got a call from my friend back in the states so I stepped away to take the call.

When I did, I saw 5 cops just walking up the street doing their thing. When they got up to the group of people the lead cop said ver batam “look” as he pointed to an ally way not 25 feet away. “Go and do it over there or do it at home. Don’t do it on the main drag where there are families and children.” “Seriously, you are 5 meters from an ally way. I don’t want to have to arrest you, do you understand?” Everybody said yes and stopped. They kept going on their way. 

Edit: I will say it was a very multi ethnic group of us which speaks to the difference between certain American cops and other countries.

Edited by Harbingers

A man has filed a complaint against the City of Lincoln alleging excessive force in a March arrest by Lincoln police officers.

Barine Deezia, 35, suffered a broken shoulder blade, cuts and bruises and lost consciousness when, he alleges, officers hit his head on the concrete and punched his back during the arrest in downtown Lincoln.

The tort claim submitted Wednesday afternoon to the Lincoln city clerk details four claims: excessive and unreasonable force, false arrest, false imprisonment and negligence. It asks for $1 million compensation because of severe emotional distress and lost income of at least $25,000.

Deezia told The World-Herald on Wednesday that he felt police treated him unfairly and that it was “racially motivated.”

Barine Deezia’s excessive force lawsuit can go forward against the Lincoln police officers who arrested him, a federal judge has ruled.

An assistant city attorney had argued that the officers who approached Deezia and his friends downtown at about bar close March 20, 2016, used a reasonable amount of force under the circumstances and that the case should be dismissed.

But, in an order this week, Senior U.S. District Judge Richard G. Kopf said questions remained for a jury.

"Whether a reasonable officer would have interpreted plaintiff's actions as 'active resistance' or an 'attempt to flee' is a disputed question of fact that a jury must decide," he wrote.

Last year, a Lancaster County jury found Deezia not guilty of obstructing and resisting arrest in an interaction that started when officers spotted a woman who appeared drunk in Deezia's group.

NOT COOL

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’d say find a better spot or do it at home. 

I lived in Vancouver during the end of my teens, I was with a group of classmates downtown and we were at a local comedy club supporting some friends. A group of us went outside to go burn one and have some cigs. So I took my puff(mind you it was 100% decriminalized there but still in that Grey area between fully legal and not legal.) and got a call from my friend back in the states so I stepped away to take the call.

When I did, I saw 5 cops just walking up the street doing their thing. When they got up to the group of people the lead cop said ver batam “look” as he pointed to an ally way not 25 feet away. “Go and do it over there or do it at home. Don’t do it on the main drag where there are families and children.” “Seriously, you are 5 meters from an ally way. I don’t want to have to arrest you, do you understand?” Everybody said yes and stopped. They kept going on their way. 

i'm assuming if they are hotboxing in an empty parking lot that they cannot do it at home, and tbh, while a dumb idea, an empty parking spot is a better spot because it far away from any children/families and contains the odor as well.

cops in the midwest and south though apparently can only get their thrills through harassing others and posturing about their righteousness on twitter.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

i'm assuming if they are hotboxing in an empty parking lot that they cannot do it at home, and tbh, while a dumb idea, an empty parking spot is a better spot because it far away from any children/families and contains the odor as well.

cops in the midwest and south though apparently can only get their thrills through harassing others and posturing about their righteousness on twitter.

I don’t disagree. But find a more secluded spot. Being the only glass of water in a desert isn’t the best idea if you don’t want to get drank. 

Sucks it happened to them and the ones mother especially. Hopefully they were all under 18 and can get it expunged in court. 

I don’t disagree. But find a more secluded spot. Being the only glass of water in a desert isn’t the best idea if you don’t want to get drank. 

Sucks it happened to them and the ones mother especially. Hopefully they were all under 18 and can get it expunged in court. 

Since really only one of them should get popped for possession, Anywho. 

7 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

... Of all the military bases that could've said that.