• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoenheim

What is Wrong With Cam Newton and Will He Fix It In the Playoffs?

I'm very worried about his passing ability going forward. He has absolutely 0 consistency passing the ball well and we would have to play 4 games in a row well to win the Super Bowl. 

And something of a broader question, but whats wrong with the team? When things arent going well early in the game I notice everyone is sagging their shoulders and look defeated throughout the  whole game even though we may only be behind a score or two and are almost always in striking distance. There's just something intangible about this team that I feel like they are missing, there is no swagger or mojo from 2015 and it looks like they could care less if we win or lose in the playoffs from their behavior and expression, despite what they may say in press conferences.

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm very worried about his passing ability going forward. He has absolutely 0 consistency passing the ball well and we would have to play 4 games in a row well to win the Super Bowl. 

And something of a broader question, but whats wrong with the team? When things arent going well early in the game I notice everyone is sagging their shoulders and look defeated throughout the  whole game even though we may only be behind a score or two and are almost always in striking distance. There's just something intangible about this team that I feel like they are missing, there is no swagger or mojo from 2015 and it looks like they could care less if we win or lose in the playoffs from their behavior and expression, despite what they may say in press conferences.

Maybe they read The Carolina Huddle.

Ive noticed that too. If the team doesnt start hot you know its going to be a long day of hoping they get it going some how during the game

Extremely depleted WR group with no viable deep threat and RG getting beaten like a drum last couple games would help explain Cam.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Extremely depleted WR group with no viable deep threat and RG getting beaten like a drum last couple games would help explain Cam.

I hope Trai is back for this next game. Need healthy oline!

5 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Ive noticed that too. If the team doesnt start hot you know its going to be a long day of hoping they get it going some how during the game

It's how we've been since this regime / roster was in place, we are a front runner. This team is not built to score quickly, it's built to get stops, and score SLOWLY.

Let’s swap WR’s with one of these other NFC playoff teams and see how far they make it.

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

It's how we've been since this regime / roster was in place, we are a front runner. This team is not built to score quickly, it's built to get stops, and score SLOWLY.

Didn’t Rivera mention that fumbled pitch as a turning point in the Chicago loss?

As if he didn’t have 3 and a half quarters to make up for it against a team that could something ridiculous like 5 first downs that game.

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Funchess 

Shepard

Bersin

Frazier 

How dare you forget our number 2 WR!

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Funchess 

Shepard

Bersin

Frazier 

You forgot Clay

ah nvm

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

How dare you forget our number 2 WR!

He's there.. You just can't see him haha

The fact that thinking Philly Brown would actually be a big boost to the receiving core says how bad off we are right now. Cam's issues are the same as they've always been, some days he overcomes them, other days he doesn't.

I don't think Cam can make terrible receivers viable anymore. Its obvious he has zero faith on anybody outside of Olsen and Funchess, that's why he keeps forcing them the ball. That 2015 was anomaly 

We need to go in this offseason and break the bank to surround Cam with weapons, they need to bring in 2/3 of these guys Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace or Crabtree. If Samuel and Funchess get beat out for their starting spots so be it. Draft a TE in the second round stop hoping to find a hidden gem in the 7th round, and draft a real RB in the in the third or forth.

Also this whole dink and dunk offense has to be scraped ASAP, Cam next season has to come out throwing deep down field. We are wasting a once in a generation arm talent and making him play like Alex Smith

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    IAmPatrickMay

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts