Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CKI

Breakdown of Cam's slow start

Recommended Posts



Cam being the problem is just a way better narrative to push and gets way more attention. Watching this unfold specifically  was one of the worst feelings i ever had as a fan. I almost started praying for us to please complete a pass so i could be at ease. It was the worst fear i had of this offense coming true.

And i blame Rivera for wearing that stupid ass t shirt last week trying to sale false hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Cam being the problem is just a way better narrative to push and gets way more attention. Watching this unfold specifically  was one of the worst feelings i ever had as a fan. I almost started praying for us to please complete a pass so i could be at ease. It was the worst fear i had of this offense coming true.

And i blame Rivera for wearing that stupid ass t shirt last week trying to sale false hope. 

media headlines and "narratives" aren't written based on tape or analysis...mostly on stats and catchy titles.  Everyone loves to hate Cam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta linebackers had no worries about the running game.  

We got to get out of these empty sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good breakdown of the first 8 plays. Not all his fault by any means.

Unfortunately it seemed like he pressed too hard thereafter and made some very poor decisions trying to make something happen. 

We need healthier WRs.

And a new coordinator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's never all anyone's fault.   Nationally however, QB gets the credit for the win, and the blame for the losses unless he has a statistically dominant day.   You watch that entire game and it's plenty of blame to go around to everyone in a panther uniform.  

I'm looking at it from this standpoint.  It was an important game (As far as NFC south title), we loss but actually have the chance to play again.  You don't get that chance again in the playoffs.   I am hoping that it causes focus , and gets everyone ready to play. 

We can definitely beat the Saints.  We can definitely beat anyone in the playoffs.   We just have to get everyone on the same page.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Very good breakdown of the first 8 plays. Not all his fault by any means.

Unfortunately it seemed like he pressed too hard thereafter and made some very poor decisions trying to make something happen. 

We need healthier WRs.

And a new coordinator.

What I found most concerning about this game (and others) is just how well defenses seem to be able to anticipate what we're doing.

We're predictable, very predictable, and I think we all know why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

The first half he played good, even with the 0-8 start.

 

The second half he was horrible 

Probably gave up when he was reviewing some of those coverages and the lack of separation in the locker room at halftime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I found most concerning about this game (and others) is just how well defenses seem to be able to anticipate what we're doing.

We're predictable, very predictable, and I think we all know why.

They knew EXACTLY where Olsen was going to be damn near all game. They ran routes with our receivers on multiple occasions.

Not a good look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McNabb was able to make average receivers productive. We were average at the beginning of the year, before trades and injuries. While I am a firm believer the QB makes receivers and someone who is glorified like Cam on here shouldnt require all-pro receivers to be productive(2015 proves that), what is being thrown out there on the field now is a joke. People blame Shula for 3 receivers ending up in the same spot but I can't for my life believe someone would draw that up intentionally, so to me it is the receivers or communication to them that is allowing that to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We run the exact same thing over and over. We may change up going to the left or right. We all know this team doesn't adjust on the fly and I don't believe they really gameplan for defenses. I just think teams that aren't familiar with us we did well against which is why we did good against Vikes, Pats, Lions and even the Eagles really. Once we ran into our division who really know us we hit a wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikey815 said:

When the last time Drew Brees had a passing performance like that? Can’t recall

no one said Cam was Drew Brees.....but when was the last time Drew Brees had mike shula calling plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

People blame Shula for 3 receivers ending up in the same spot but I can't for my life believe someone would draw that up intentionally, so to me it is the receivers or communication to them that is allowing that to happen.

We've seen Shula draw up plays that sent two receivers to the same area for several years, and it's been called out by commentators frequently (including Aikman this past weekend).

Three in one spot may mean someone made a mistake, but it may not since two in one place is a regular occurrence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,527
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    IAmPatrickMay
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      143,069
    • Total Posts
      4,591,619
×