• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dilly Dilly!

I'm telling you guys..

"Day one WR routes.."

The front office,  I guarantee you, treated this ATL game as a preseason game. I think they all tried to focus on execution but there was no special gameplan for this game. 

I had that thought more than once on Sunday.

I agree with you. Too many strange occurrences to think they actually went out there with a strategy to win.

It would piss me off beyond measure to know that this coaching staff treated this game as a preseason game, putting our QB and other players in harm's way against a team who was fighting for their postseason lives.  

If you want to lay an egg, fine.  Just don't do it with the starters in there knowing we have a playoff run to make.  

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It would piss me off beyond measure to know that this coaching staff treated this game as a preseason game, putting our QB and other players in harm's way against a team who was fighting for their postseason lives.  

If you want to lay an egg, fine.  Just don't do it with the starters in there knowing we have a playoff run to make.  

Not having a game plan is different than not trying as a team. They most likely had a gameplan, but it was an extreme conservative approach as opposed to an aggressive approach in the past. 

Billy B. does this constantly in the late weeks for the Pats.

I agree. Hardly any misdirection or hard play action either. They did the same thing against Tampa too. 

Hopefully we’ll come out firing like in the 2015 playoffs 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Not having a game plan is different than not trying as a team. They most likely had a gameplan, but it was an extreme conservative approach as opposed to an aggressive approach in the past. 

But if you do not gameplan around another teams weaknesses, you are exposing your QB to unnecessary hits.  I understand playing it conservative...but to not account for the strengths of another team while your WR's run basic routes that result in them not getting open (which means the QB holds the ball longer or has to scramble, exposing him to more hits) is stupid.  

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The Pats have enjoyed the leisure of playing in a terrible division for years. When you have the division locked up you can afford such luxuries. When you're potentially playing to host a playoff game and avoid facing a division rival who has had your number this year in their stadium no less, you can't afford to do it.

As maddening as it would be, I truly hope that's what we did Sunday because if not then we just plain suck.

I'm sure a lot of us would love to believe that we looked so awful in that game because we weren't really trying. It'd save us from having to feel that we're really as bad as we appeared.

Sorry. Can't buy it.

Who knows.  But unlike a certain poster, I refuse to believe that we get blown out by NO 45-3. And  afterwards the team moves to Kabul Afganastain. 

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I can see this theory somewhat. There were a lot of plays and personnel groupings that weren't used/not called that we had used most of the season with some vanilla stuff thrown in. Especially the protections but that may have been because Turner was out. The miscues between Greg and Cam could point this way though. 

I don't think they treated it like a preseason game, but I do believe that they may have kept some things under wraps.  Rivera might get aggressive from time to time, but he's ultimately a conservative coach and it is something he would do.  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    IAmPatrickMay

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts