Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cat

Trump's lawyer Cohen says he he paid off Porn Star Stormy Daniels with his money

Recommended Posts

In any other presidency this story would be huge but this WH is full of scandals. Ben Carson awarding his kids gov't contracts, the WH ignoring then lying about security clearance of the Presidents top aid who beats his women, Russia investigation, Obstruction of justice investigation, it's hard to keep up with them all. 

Anyways it seems Cohen is putting efforts towards halting any sort of investigation into where the money came from to pay off Stormy Daniels. Obviously if they used campaign money they are in legal trouble.   These guys have lied about everything why should we believe them now, I say keep digging.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/us/politics/stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If this were even remotely believable....

There's no law against giving your money to whomever you choose. And, if done like most normal people, it isn't even traceable or noticed. But why did he go through all the BS of setting up a fake Delaware LLC, using fake names....?

And now, suddenly, he remembers, ".... oh yeah. I forgot. I paid her myself..."

Gimme a fugging break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

If this were even remotely believable....

There's no law against giving your money to whomever you choose. And, if done like most normal people, it isn't even traceable or noticed. But why did he go through all the BS of setting up a fake Delaware LLC, using fake names....?

And now, suddenly, he remembers, ".... oh yeah. I forgot. I paid her myself..."

Gimme a fugging break.

I wouldn't say it is totally unbelievable to a degree...you first have to recognize what Cohen's real job has been for decades.   He basically is like a mob lawyer. 

Cohen has been paying off people for decades for Trump.   He has been well compensated to be the guy who cleans it all up over the past several decades.   He definitely has his own cash to make things go away.....part of his wealth likely has always been conditional.  

This type stuff isn't new to them.   But the scrutiny of their dealings/actions is.  How sloppy and blunt they are hasn't changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also worth noting, Trump's campaign a year later.....still hasn't disclosed what they did with the millions and millions of dollars left over.  That record breaking money they barely spent on the campaign? People in Congress still bring that like fact up every now and then.  Someone did a week ago. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wouldn't say it is totally unbelievable to a degree...you first have to recognize what Cohen's real job has been for decades.   He basically is like a mob lawyer. 

Cohen has been paying off people for decades for Trump.   He has been well compensated to be the guy who cleans it all up over the past several decades.   He definitely has his own cash to make things go away.....part of his wealth likely has always been conditional.  

This type stuff isn't new to them. 

But if he was paid back by the campaign.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

also worth noting, Trump's campaign a year later.....still hasn't disclosed what they did with the millions and millions of dollars left over.  That record breaking money they barely spent on the campaign? People in Congress still bring that like fact up every now and then.  Someone did a week ago. 

 

Did what every politician does. Pocket it. That’s why I firmly believe we need campaign spending limits. Capped ridiculously low. Say 250,000. 

Most republicans as noted by the fact they had 21 legitimate candidates. In the primaries, are just in it for the personal financial gain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cat said:

In any other presidency this story would be huge but this WH is full of scandals. Ben Carson awarding his kids gov't contracts, the WH ignoring then lying about security clearance of the Presidents top aid who beats his women, Russia investigation, Obstruction of justice investigation, it's hard to keep up with them all.

It's not accidental. What we're witnessing here is modern propaganda being masterfully executed. It's a barrage of scandal, lies, denial, deflection and misdirection that's being done to wear down the senses to the point where you don't have any fight left in you. Some people have seen it before:

 

Any other administration would have been ended by any single one of Trump's scandals. But for some reason we've come to accept it as a day in the life.

"The last scandal went unaddressed. He just denied it, and then nothing happened. Why would I expect it to be any different this time?"

Hard to keep your sense of injustice when this is your every day life. Your witnessing the numbing of a population to any criticism of the leader. It's a classic KGB and FSB technique.

It's almost as though they have a hand in what's going on in the US today.

 

But that would be crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Captroop said:

It's not accidental. What we're witnessing here is modern propaganda being masterfully executed. It's a barrage of scandal, lies, denial, deflection and misdirection that's being done to wear down the senses to the point where you don't have any fight left in you. Some people have seen it before:

 

Any other administration would have been ended by any single one of Trump's scandals. But for some reason we've come to accept it as a day in the life.

"The last scandal went unaddressed. He just denied it, and then nothing happened. Why would I expect it to be any different this time?"

Hard to keep your sense of injustice when this is your every day life. Your witnessing the numbing of a population to any criticism of the leader. It's a classic KGB and FSB technique.

It's almost as though they have a hand in what's going on in the US today.

 

But that would be crazy.

The hyper partisan stuff is so laughable

Why can't we, at the same time, be outraged at a President who was unfaithful to his wife before his presidency and at the same time be outraged at one getting bj's from someone in the White House.

Can we not come to the conclusion that both are scummy human beings?  Why be all outraged only because of the D or R?  Kinda kills your faux morality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Congress starts impeachment proceedings for Trump like they did for Clinton maybe we can compare the two

And of course captroop said scandals as in the multitude of crap going on vs. Monica

You are making Kasparovs point for him. As long as you can say Clinton=Trump, he can do whatever he wants, when it is abundantly clear Trump and Clinton are operating from completely opposite directions to any reasonable person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stirs said:

The hyper partisan stuff is so laughable

Why can't we, at the same time, be outraged at a President who was unfaithful to his wife before his presidency and at the same time be outraged at one getting bj's from someone in the White House.

Can we not come to the conclusion that both are scummy human beings?  Why be all outraged only because of the D or R?  Kinda kills your faux morality

I don't think it effects either one's ability to be President. As a Republican I came to that conclusion with Clinton, and as a liberal I have that same opinion of Trump in regards to his extramarital affairs. I do find it infuriating that none of my republican family members and friends who are always the moral police have no problem with Trumps affair. 

I am however concerned about  where the money came from that paid to Stormy Daniels, the amount of lying surrounding the whole event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

When Congress starts impeachment proceedings for Trump like they did for Clinton maybe we can compare the two

And of course captroop said scandals as in the multitude of crap going on vs. Monica

You are making Kasparovs point for him. As long as you can say Clinton=Trump, he can do whatever he wants, when it is abundantly clear Trump and Clinton are operating from completely opposite directions to any reasonable person.

I didn't vote for either one, a Clinton nor a Trump, thought they were both scummy human beings.

If you look at people with abundant money and power, you will normally find bad things, especially with men.  Now, do you elect these people?  I wouldn't, but the country did, shame on them.  But until there is actually some evidence of the Russia stuff, it is just something for CRA to do with his life.

I will not defend any pol for scummy stuff, but not gonna swallow stuff that seems to be made up either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cat said:

I don't think it effects either one's ability to be President. As a Republican I came to that conclusion with Clinton, and as a liberal I have that same opinion of Trump in regards to his extramarital affairs. I do find it infuriating that none of my republican family members and friends who are always the moral police have no problem with Trumps affair. 

I am however concerned about  where the money came from that paid to Stormy Daniels, the amount of lying surrounding the whole event. 

Shapiro made a note about Trump in a recent speech.

He said he was mud, so throwing mud his way does no good.  For some reason (fill in the blank) a lot of "moral" people overlooked his immorality and pulled the lever, so nothing salacious is going to stain him, as they seemed not to care before so they probably won't care now.  But at the same time, they won't take serious the left trying to hold up morals when they have preached that they are out of bounds for so long.

I just sit back and watch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stirs said:

Shapiro made a note about Trump in a recent speech.

He said he was mud, so throwing mud his way does no good.  For some reason (fill in the blank) a lot of "moral" people overlooked his immorality and pulled the lever, so nothing salacious is going to stain him, as they seemed not to care before so they probably won't care now.  But at the same time, they won't take serious the left trying to hold up morals when they have preached that they are out of bounds for so long.

I just sit back and watch

 

The left has not preached morals are out of bounds lol. 

And I'm not going to let this become the norm for me. Enjoy laughing while society becomes deplorable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cat said:

The left has not preached morals are out of bounds lol. 

And I'm not going to let this become the norm for me. Enjoy laughing while society becomes deplorable. 

The left has constantly cried foul when the right has preached morality, there is no question on this.

Not sure why you think I am laughing about anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stirs said:

The left has constantly cried foul when the right has preached morality, there is no question on this.

Not sure why you think I am laughing about anything

Ugh no just because they don't think an affair is an impeachable offense doesn't mean they don't value morality.  (Also I don't hear dems claiming the President should be impeached over an affair)

Ask John Edwards, Anthony Weiner and Al Franken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×