• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJTG4

Greg Olsen wants an extension possibly using MNF as leverage

After that injury, I'd really want to see him stay healthy for a season first.    

I wouldn't mind seeing an incentive laden extension.  Yes, he's been amazing, but getting toward the end of his career, coming off an injury with after football options on the table I'd want to make sure that he's still performing at the same level.

Need to see his value in the coming year before that happens. Honestly feel like his impact is a toss-up at this point.

9 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

poo the guys earned it . Give it to him.

Ok, Hurney.

1 minute ago, ChibCU said:

Ok, Hurney.

So genius, you'd rather see us part ways with our pro bowl TE? Smart move.

If he wants to continue playing, hell yeah! Work out an extension. But I'd be leery of big guarantees with a player his age. Load it up with incentives. I wouldn't let him hold MNF over our heads. If he wants to go ahead and get his announcing career started full time, then best of luck. It shouldn't impact what we're willing to pay.

1 minute ago, Burnout189 said:

So genius, you'd rather see us part ways with our pro bowl TE? Smart move.

Contracts should be based on expected future performance. They shouldn't be treated as career achievement rewards.

25 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

poo the guys earned it . Give it to him.

It should be what can you do for me moving forward not what you've done for me in the past. 

Another reason to draft a TE either with the 1st or 2nd!

We should extend Olsen for 2 yrs with performance bonuses and make the 3rd yr optional.

We win couple of SB with help of 2TE set and he goes on to MNF a great ally to have in ESPN.

The End.

5ab68f0946d36_ScreenShot2017-04-16at11_21_48PM.png.ec73a13e7d507fd8d0ab35fc282db227.png

5a97372382f42_HAYDENHURST.thumb.png.166b704af7b17ed8e04521492c22093a.png

restructure now. backload the fug out of it. and sign dez bryant. b/c we're going to have to score 70 a game to win this year.

Well, we have absolutely no one else at TE, and few prospects even capable of being a backup let alone a viable starter. If he wants to keep playing, we need him.