• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RetiredCollegeCoach

Who is the biggest Panthers bust of the last five drafts?

I'm gonna get scientific. Bust = highest draft position x ability demonstrated x chances they've had to demonstrate ability / Injury. 

Using this formula our biggest draft bust since 2012 is ...... Kony Ealy.

Closely followed by Amini Silatolu and Daryl Worley. 

Don't @ me.

1 hour ago, London Loves Luke said:

I'm gonna get scientific. Bust = highest draft position x ability demonstrated x chances they've had to demonstrate ability / Injury. 

Using this formula our biggest draft bust since 2012 is ...... Kony Ealy.

Closely followed by Amini Silatolu and Daryl Worley. 

Don't @ me.

Silatolu was 6 drafts ago. The Ealy mention is one I hadn't thought of.

I keep being drawn to Butler even though I don't believe he can't become a more useful piece. But we had to pickup a free agent DT instead of using our first round selection 

This guy , don’t be like him Hurney and pass over  a HOF TE because of ego and draft a rotational DT/WR/CB.

170717_gettleman_inside.jpg

5a87823625424_ScreenShot2018-02-16at8_14_30PM.thumb.png.85eb63b25f8388ad571234b25d4e57d9.png

Ealy stands out as a true bust. 

2017 is to early to tell. KK of course is awesome, I think ok but not spectacular sums up the rest of the first and second rounders. 

Can you really bust in the third? 

Edmund Kugbila. The guy never even played a down for us.

Ealy is still in the league and graded out as average last year for the Jets, becoming a key piece in their rotation.  He didn’t pan out for us, but I wouldn’t say he’s a bust since his pro career is still ongoing.  Kugbila fits the bust description much better.  

47 minutes ago, Thorrez said:

Can you really bust in the third? 

Perhaps. Perhaps not. But you can definitely fall short relative to other thirds.

Wasn't Kugbila a fourth round pick tho?  I don't think that would be considered a bust. 

I didn't reall6 consider 2nd and beyond for defining busts. Maybe second but certainly not 3rd or lower.

Were only going back to 2012?

A few more

Everrette Brown- traded away the next seasons 1st round pick.  Brown was with the team for only 2 seasons.  And only started 3 games.  Was on and off a couple other teams before being out of the league 3 seaons later 

Armanti Edwards- traded away what was the #33 pick in the 2011 draft.  Edwards had 0 starts in his 4 seasons here and had a career 5 catches for 121 yards

you clearly have an agenda with this thread, stop being passive aggressive and spit it out.

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Armanti Edwards- traded away what was the #33 pick in the 2011 draft.  Edwards had 0 starts in his 4 seasons here and had a career 5 catches for 121 yards

ding ding ding, we have a winner!