• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Ben Navarro, "The Cool Cat"

On 4/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

It's over and has been over for a while - the only people pretending this thing is still going are people who get their information by reading articles on the internet, like the dimwitted author of this thread. Kestenbaum, Black, and Tepper have all been out for a while. Navarro has won.

Not taking sides here but let’s say you do have the “commonly known inside info” that Navarro has indeed won the bid. How, and why does that make us who are not privy to this same info idiots? It make us idiots to not just trust a random person on an internet forum without any confirming details?

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Marguide and I don't always agree, but he's an intelligent poster.

I never challenged his intelligence, just his questionable fanhood. It’s hard to imagine that someone who cares enough about the Panthers to post on an Internet forum would change his NFL allegiance over a freakin’ GM consultant? Does that not seem silly to you?

3 hours ago, Ezell704 said:

I never challenged his intelligence, just his questionable fanhood. It’s hard to imagine that someone who cares enough about the Panthers to post on an Internet forum would change his NFL allegiance over a freakin’ GM consultant? Does that not seem silly to you?

I'd chalk it up to hyperbole. It's a thing here.

10 hours ago, Ezell704 said:

Not taking sides here but let’s say you do have the “commonly known inside info” that Navarro has indeed won the bid. How, and why does that make us who are not privy to this same info idiots? It make us idiots to not just trust a random person on an internet forum without any confirming details?

You aren't idiots - this is the brightest football board for any NFL team, if I'm honest - and some of what I've said has been mischaracterized. Despite what has been stated by Mr. Scot - a man of insane and frightening jealousies - I am not sitting around fuming that other boarders have the temerity to question my all-powerful wisdom. I'm just disrespecting on Ol' Scooter for breathlessly following every "development" of this story while consistently being several weeks behind and regurgitating disinformation. He is an embarrassment.

Quick Tip: A guy who actually had accomplished the things that you claim to have done wouldn't be so insecure about whether people believed him or took him more seriously than someone else.

Even leaving myself aside, you clearly do not come from planet Earth. From my experience, a lot of extremely accomplished people - guys far more successful than myself - are insanely touchy, insecure, and overprotective of their reputations. Like, much more than normal people. A lot of successful people are in actuality sort of insane - certainly, they're not very well-rounded or balanced. Obviously you have your share of mensches, but I'd say they're a minority.

That's just a general point. Doesn't apply to me - I'd say I'm more of a well-rewarded failure than anything else.

12 minutes ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

You aren't idiots - this is the brightest football board for any NFL team, if I'm honest - and some of what I've said has been mischaracterized. Despite what has been stated by Mr. Scot - a man of insane and frightening jealousies - I am not sitting around fuming that other boarders have the temerity to question my all-powerful wisdom. I'm just disrespecting on Ol' Scooter for breathlessly following every "development" of this story while consistently being several weeks behind and regurgitating disinformation. He is an embarrassment.

Even leaving myself aside, you clearly do not come from planet Earth. From my experience, a lot of extremely accomplished people - guys far more successful than myself - are insanely touchy, insecure, and overprotective of their reputations. Like, much more than normal people. A lot of successful people are in actuality sort of insane - certainly, they're not very well-rounded or balanced. Obviously you have your share of mensches, but I'd say they're a minority.

That's just a general point. Doesn't apply to me - I'd say I'm more of a well-rewarded failure than anything else.

If you're talking about this board, I wouldn't agree with the "well rewarded" part.

Part of the problem is a pretty good portion of what you post is talking about yourself.  There's just about always a line about "oh, I did this" or "I know all about that" or some such.  It's generally pretty clear you want people to think you're a big deal.  When they don't, you get pissed off. 

The fact that you make so much effort to try and establish yourself as superior to me is particularly amusing...and telling.  I'm just an average fan and don't claim to be anything else, but apparently I make a "retired college coach" insecure.

Sheesh :eyeroll:

Some of us - probably a lot of us, actually - are both capable of and comfortable with talking football without having to tell everybody we're something that we're really not.  Message board rep isn't such a big serious deal. The average fan here is just that, and is fine with that, and doesn't need to go out and try to tell everyone how great they are. 

As the saying goes, if you have to tell me how great you are, you're not.

Likewise, if your need to make people think you're a big deal to get them to listen to your opinions, then your opinions aren't that great.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're talking about this board, I wouldn't agree with the "well rewarded" part.

Part of the problem is a pretty good portion of what you post is talking about yourself.  There's just about always a line about "oh, I did this" or "I know all about that" or some such.  It's generally pretty clear you want people to think you're a big deal.  When they don't, you get pissed off. 

The fact that you make so much effort to try and establish yourself as superior to me is particularly amusing...and telling.  I'm just an average fan and don't claim to be anything else, but apparently I make a "retired college coach" insecure.

Sheesh :eyeroll:

Some of us - probably a lot of us, actually - are both capable of and comfortable with talking football without having to tell everybody we're something that we're really not.  Message board rep isn't such a big serious deal. The average fan here is just that, and is fine with that, and doesn't need to go out and try to tell everyone how great they are. 

As the saying goes, if you have to tell me how great you are, you're not.

Likewise, if your need to make people think you're a big deal to get them to listen to your opinions, then your opinions aren't that great.

Wasn't talking about the board - was talking about my life. I've been well rewarded, and have had "success" in certain senses, but never really accomplished most of what I sent out to do. (Not to mention that a life in sport was never really what I was looking for in the first place. Music was my real passion.)

And yeah, I do frequently draw on experience when I post. As one does. *shrug*

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Watch him announce one of our picks,.

I'd actually be in favor of that.