• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catufb85

Hurney will not shoot fireworks next Thursday.

Most the media and majority of the Huddlers here are waiting anxiously for the Carolina Panthers to go all "sexy" with their pick and take someone like DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, or some other playmaker to provide Cam in the first round.  IMO...Not going to happen.  Corner, Safety, and Offensive line are bigger needs right now than wide receiver.  Hurney will most likely pull a more logical realistic pick at 24 than most people are anticipating.  Using the NFL.com Predict your Pick site I tried to "predict" each pick as if I was that team's GM and select a player that made the most sense and also lets be frank, we are all guessing here.

So here is what i came up with:

Round 1:

Browns: #1 - QB Sam Darnold - I don't think the Browns can afford to get this pick wrong.  Sources say they are all over Josh Allen but also that they could be willing to trade out of this pick. 

Giants: #2 - RB Saquon Barkley - Gettleman will be intrigued to take a QB here for Eli's successor but Gettleman is smarter than most think and I don't think he will pass on a "Generational" type talent. 

Jets: #3 - QB Josh Allen - Jets like Mayfield, but I think they pull the trigger on Allen who could essentially but the #1 pick in the draft.

Browns: #4 - DE Bradley Chubb - With Barkley off the board and already getting their "franchise" QB.  Browns take Chubb to pair with Garrett giving them a fierce pass rushing duo.

Broncos: #5 - QB Josh Rosen - Elway not expecting what some are calling the most polished QB in the draft available at 5, Elway selects Rosen and finally answers the question at QB since the departure of Manning.

Colts: #6 - OL Quenton Nelson - Missing out on Barkley, Colts decide rather than get Luck a weapon, they get him Protection.  Nelson is considered by some as the best player in this entire draft.

Buccaneers: #7 - CB Denzel Ward - I really wanted to pick Derwin James here and give the Bucs a playmaker at Safety but i think Ward helps solidify their DBs.

Bears: #8: - LB Tremaine Edmunds - Bears desperately need help at the LB position and get the best one in the draft at pick 8.

49ers: #9: - LB Roquan Smith - 49ers go LB here at #9 after the uncertainty of Rueben Foster.

Raiders: #10 - S Derwin James - Gruden gets his rangy ball hawk that brings the hammer to anchor the back end of his secondary.

Dolphins: #11 - QB Baker Mayfield - Dolphins could go DT here with the release of Suh, but i think they are ready to find their QB for years to come.  Mayfield is considered the most accurate QB in the draft. 

Bills: #12 - QB Lamar Jackson - McDermott could go many different options here.  With AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman as the QBs on the roster and having experience with a team that has a multifaceted QB (Cameron Newton) McDermott opts out of a WR here and goes ***Shocker*** Lamar Jackson.

Redskins: #13 - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick - Redskins get their ballhawking safety here at #13.  Could possibly go Josh Jackson here with the loss of Kyle Fuller.

Packers: #14 - CB Josh Jackson - Packers choose Jackson CB whos long and rangy at 6'1 190.  NFL.com comparison is Josh Norman and will be Day 1 starter.

Cardinals: #15 - WR Calvin Ridley - Kind of a shock here at the Cardinals have ALOT of needs.  QB could be a pick but already after the top 5 QBs are already off the board, Cardinals go with their Fitzgerald replacement for the future.  Possibly could go Offensive line here too.

Ravens: #16 - LB Rashaan Evans - GM Ozzie Newsome loves his Defensive players and takes LB Evans who is the new prototypical Lineback who can line up on the edge as a rusher as well.

Chargers: #17 - LB Leighton Vander Esch - Chargers love their athletically gifted multi-talented LBs who can also edge rush.

Seahawks: #18 - DE Marcus Davenport - With the loss of Bennett Seahawks could be inclined to select a cornerback like Jaire Alexander here but I think they go DE Marcus Davenport who went from small school to second best pass rusher here at #18. 

Cowboys: #19 - WR DJ Moore - Cowboys could use some help on the Defensive Line but the loss of Dez Bryant hurts more than they are willing to say, so Cowboys select DJ Moore who I consider the best WR in the draft, and crush a ton of Huddlers dreams here in the first round and will be itching to crush them week 1.

Lions: #20 - DT Vita Vea - Lions need some help on the Defensive line and what better way to improve than adding a 6'4 347lb younger version of Ngata.

Bengals: #21 - DT Da'Ron Payne - Bengals opt to go with Defensive line help as their line is getting really old and Payne fits the big mean and physical type you need on the interior of your line.

Bills: #22 - OG Isiah Wynn - What better way to protect your investment of your new QB Lamar Jackson than getting him some protection, Bills go #2 best guard in the draft at #22.

Patriots: #23 - LT Kolton Miller - No one is sure what the Patriots will do and their elusive drama continues.  No one knows whether they will go weapons for Brady, protection for Brady (losing Solder), or replacement for Brady.  I went with Kolton Miller LT from UCLA as the team has met with multiple times.

So here we have it at #24 the Carolina Panthers: RECAP: 5 QBs taken, top 2 pass rushers, top 2 wide receivers, the 2 best safeties, 2 cornerbacks, and the best 2 guards have been selected. 

Team Needs: Safety, Cornerback, Offensive Line, Wide Receiver, and Defensive Line

Best Remaining:

Guard Will Hernandez

CB Jaire Alexander

WR Courtland Sutton

DE Harold Landry

S Justin Reid

C/G James Daniels

TE Hayden Hurst

With the #24 Pick in the 2018 Draft the Panthers select...

CB Jaire Alexander: Review from NFL.com:

Athletic and tough. Came back for last three games of the season despite missing multiple games due to sprained knee and a broken hand. Eyes stay on quarterback when he's able. Aware and instinctive. Spots traffic from zone and squeezes passing lanes. Carries playmaking traits. Quick response time when quarterback begins release. Smooth mover with plus acceleration to chase. Feet are light and sudden. Crowds and mirror receiver's release without panicking. Stays connected to routes. Pattern reader capable of sudden stops to mirror comeback routes. Aggressive attacking catch point. Climbs on top of receivers and rips arms through potential catches. Has decent recovery burst on the deep ball. Communicative with teammates.

If things shake out like that then Harold Landry should be the no-brainer pick. DE is a vastly more important position and will be a bigger need in 1 year. Have to think long-term here. DBs are easier to find than pass-rushers.

Oh man, the headline had me thinking the thread would be something more than "what I think the panthers should do is" 

If this team isn't blowing smoke up our asses and really likes DJ Moore, fireworks could happen. 

Everyone knows the Ravens and Cowboys are WR starved.  Trade value wise, one of our thirds could have us jump the Boys to the Seahawks position.  That 6 spot jump could net us the particular guy we want if CBs start going fast and Ridley is gone after the Ravens pick.  We all know Hurney likes the trade ups as much as Gettleman, maybe even more.  Maybe Hurney 2.0 has learned though...we will see, we will see.

1 minute ago, davos said:

If this team isn't blowing smoke up our asses and really likes DJ Moore, fireworks could happen. 

Everyone knows the Ravens and Cowboys are WR starved.  Trade value wise, one of our thirds could have us jump the Boys to the Seahawks position.  That 6 spot jump could net us the particular guy we want if CBs start going fast and Ridley is gone after the Ravens pick.  We all know Hurney likes the trade ups as much as Gettleman, maybe even more.  Maybe Hurney 2.0 has learned though...we will see, we will see.

If he trades up for Moore and give away a pick to get a WR in this draft .. I will literally throw something at the TV ..

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If he trades up for Moore and give away a pick to get a WR in this draft .. I will literally throw something at the TV ..

agreed.

31 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Most the media and majority of the Huddlers here are waiting anxiously for the Carolina Panthers to go all "sexy" with their pick and take someone like DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, or some other playmaker to provide Cam in the first round.  IMO...Not going to happen.  Corner, Safety, and Offensive line are bigger needs right now than wide receiver.  Hurney will most likely pull a more logical realistic pick at 24 than most people are anticipating.  Using the NFL.com Predict your Pick site I tried to "predict" each pick as if I was that team's GM and select a player that made the most sense and also lets be frank, we are all guessing here.

So here is what i came up with:

Round 1:

Browns: #1 - QB Sam Darnold - I don't think the Browns can afford to get this pick wrong.  Sources say they are all over Josh Allen but also that they could be willing to trade out of this pick. 

Giants: #2 - RB Saquon Barkley - Gettleman will be intrigued to take a QB here for Eli's successor but Gettleman is smarter than most think and I don't think he will pass on a "Generational" type talent. 

Jets: #3 - QB Josh Allen - Jets like Mayfield, but I think they pull the trigger on Allen who could essentially but the #1 pick in the draft.

Browns: #4 - DE Bradley Chubb - With Barkley off the board and already getting their "franchise" QB.  Browns take Chubb to pair with Garrett giving them a fierce pass rushing duo.

Broncos: #5 - QB Josh Rosen - Elway not expecting what some are calling the most polished QB in the draft available at 5, Elway selects Rosen and finally answers the question at QB since the departure of Manning.

Colts: #6 - OL Quenton Nelson - Missing out on Barkley, Colts decide rather than get Luck a weapon, they get him Protection.  Nelson is considered by some as the best player in this entire draft.

Buccaneers: #7 - CB Denzel Ward - I really wanted to pick Derwin James here and give the Bucs a playmaker at Safety but i think Ward helps solidify their DBs.

Bears: #8: - LB Tremaine Edmunds - Bears desperately need help at the LB position and get the best one in the draft at pick 8.

49ers: #9: - LB Roquan Smith - 49ers go LB here at #9 after the uncertainty of Rueben Foster.

Raiders: #10 - S Derwin James - Gruden gets his rangy ball hawk that brings the hammer to anchor the back end of his secondary.

Dolphins: #11 - QB Baker Mayfield - Dolphins could go DT here with the release of Suh, but i think they are ready to find their QB for years to come.  Mayfield is considered the most accurate QB in the draft. 

Bills: #12 - QB Lamar Jackson - McDermott could go many different options here.  With AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman as the QBs on the roster and having experience with a team that has a multifaceted QB (Cameron Newton) McDermott opts out of a WR here and goes ***Shocker*** Lamar Jackson.

Redskins: #13 - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick - Redskins get their ballhawking safety here at #13.  Could possibly go Josh Jackson here with the loss of Kyle Fuller.

Packers: #14 - CB Josh Jackson - Packers choose Jackson CB whos long and rangy at 6'1 190.  NFL.com comparison is Josh Norman and will be Day 1 starter.

Cardinals: #15 - WR Calvin Ridley - Kind of a shock here at the Cardinals have ALOT of needs.  QB could be a pick but already after the top 5 QBs are already off the board, Cardinals go with their Fitzgerald replacement for the future.  Possibly could go Offensive line here too.

Ravens: #16 - LB Rashaan Evans - GM Ozzie Newsome loves his Defensive players and takes LB Evans who is the new prototypical Lineback who can line up on the edge as a rusher as well.

Chargers: #17 - LB Leighton Vander Esch - Chargers love their athletically gifted multi-talented LBs who can also edge rush.

Seahawks: #18 - DE Marcus Davenport - With the loss of Bennett Seahawks could be inclined to select a cornerback like Jaire Alexander here but I think they go DE Marcus Davenport who went from small school to second best pass rusher here at #18. 

Cowboys: #19 - WR DJ Moore - Cowboys could use some help on the Defensive Line but the loss of Dez Bryant hurts more than they are willing to say, so Cowboys select DJ Moore who I consider the best WR in the draft, and crush a ton of Huddlers dreams here in the first round and will be itching to crush them week 1.

Lions: #20 - DT Vita Vea - Lions need some help on the Defensive line and what better way to improve than adding a 6'4 347lb younger version of Ngata.

Bengals: #21 - DT Da'Ron Payne - Bengals opt to go with Defensive line help as their line is getting really old and Payne fits the big mean and physical type you need on the interior of your line.

Bills: #22 - OG Isiah Wynn - What better way to protect your investment of your new QB Lamar Jackson than getting him some protection, Bills go #2 best guard in the draft at #22.

Patriots: #23 - LT Kolton Miller - No one is sure what the Patriots will do and their elusive drama continues.  No one knows whether they will go weapons for Brady, protection for Brady (losing Solder), or replacement for Brady.  I went with Kolton Miller LT from UCLA as the team has met with multiple times.

So here we have it at #24 the Carolina Panthers: RECAP: 5 QBs taken, top 2 pass rushers, top 2 wide receivers, the 2 best safeties, 2 cornerbacks, and the best 2 guards have been selected. 

Team Needs: Safety, Cornerback, Offensive Line, Wide Receiver, and Defensive Line

Best Remaining:

Guard Will Hernandez

CB Jaire Alexander

WR Courtland Sutton

DE Harold Landry

S Justin Reid

C/G James Daniels

TE Hayden Hurst

With the #24 Pick in the 2018 Draft the Panthers select...

CB Jaire Alexander: Review from NFL.com:

Athletic and tough. Came back for last three games of the season despite missing multiple games due to sprained knee and a broken hand. Eyes stay on quarterback when he's able. Aware and instinctive. Spots traffic from zone and squeezes passing lanes. Carries playmaking traits. Quick response time when quarterback begins release. Smooth mover with plus acceleration to chase. Feet are light and sudden. Crowds and mirror receiver's release without panicking. Stays connected to routes. Pattern reader capable of sudden stops to mirror comeback routes. Aggressive attacking catch point. Climbs on top of receivers and rips arms through potential catches. Has decent recovery burst on the deep ball. Communicative with teammates.

would love the pick

The draft is in Jerry 's world .. He might make a flash pick in his house in front of a lot of Cowboys fans...

Alexander is who I mocked but I didn’t have Landry available. 

Cornerback is really deep in this draft. You almost have to take Landry at 24 if he’s there. 

Pie for the effort and time on the write-up.  This is the only mock I've read (sorry, Zod) and while we are all indeed guessing, your analysis was thoroughly enjoyed. 

Thank you for the content.

Here, you take Landry, but if he is not there, you trade back if you can and take the best CB there and use the pick to move up in the second for the player you also wanted.

19 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

If things shake out like that then Harold Landry should be the no-brainer pick. DE is a vastly more important position and will be a bigger need in 1 year. Have to think long-term here. DBs are easier to find than pass-rushers.

Landry is barely bigger than Luke

He is a 34 OLB