• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jangler

if only we had banned rock and roll

19 minutes ago, Lucky said:

What

exactly!!! who fycking knows.

Elvis stole the black mans music, is the most likely observation. Although historically it seems to me he's faded in his importance to popular music, and the originators of the blues and where it came from get a lot more love these days.

23 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Beer for Robert Johnson. love me some blues - Piedmont and Delta, mainly. Don't follow the title of the thread though.

he was a major character on Timeless this week. 

23 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Elvis stole the black mans music, is the most likely observation. Although historically it seems to me he's faded in his importance to popular music, and the originators of the blues and where it came from get a lot more love these days.

Music to me is intimation just like most everything. Elvis did have a helluva voice.

@ 1974 Elvis came to town and as a  kid I remember my parents, especically my mom, really really into getting to see him. They went with a bunch of friends and it was a big deal. I mostly knew Elvis from the live in Hawaii album cover and thought he looked kind of odd in that jumpsuit and was sweaty. I grew to love some of his later stuff though, because he did have a great voice.

Elvis, Rolling Stones, Clapton, etc.

All of them were living off the blues artists and music

19 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Never heard of it. Will scope.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5511582/

show on NBC (ironically) about a secret society changing history to suit their purpose. SOS , it was cancelled and was saved thru fan support.