Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaCoolin

Avengers Infinity War!

Recommended Posts

We are in the closing days to it’s official release. It’s been 10 years in the making to see them get to this point and I’m beyond hyped.

 

Also who was that poster who constantly was hating on Marvel movies? Did he fully disappear once justice league was completely shitty? It’s a foregone conclusion that the MCU is just better

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

We are in the closing days to it’s official release. It’s been 10 years in the making to see them get to this point and I’m beyond hyped.

 

Also who was that poster who constantly was hating on Marvel movies? Did he fully disappear once justice league was completely shitty? It’s a foregone conclusion that the MCU is just better

 

 

That poster wasn't me but I thought Justice League was fine, not really sure what all the hate was about. The MCU movies though have been knocking it out of the park though, no question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Social media reaction from folks at the premiere are very positive. Going to try to avoid twitter and what not starting Thursday as there are some horrible DC fanboys looking to spoil it for everyone.

I think DC/WB should just pretend like the Snyder movies never happened and start from scratch. It's pretty amazing how bad he did compared to what Marvel has done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try to go see it Thursday, but I use moviepass so not sure if it'll be sold out or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Social media reaction from folks at the premiere are very positive. Going to try to avoid twitter and what not starting Thursday as there are some horrible DC fanboys looking to spoil it for everyone.

I think DC/WB should just pretend like the Snyder movies never happened and start from scratch. It's pretty amazing how bad he did compared to what Marvel has done.

Wb/dc tried to rush out an EU. Marvel built theirs over years and multiple movies before we saw the Avengers team up. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol justice league and batman v superman were terrible, but they're still better than several mcu movies

i thought wonderwoman was fuging garbage and i'm mad i watched it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

lol justice league and batman v superman were terrible, but they're still better than several mcu movies

i thought wonderwoman was fuging garbage and i'm mad i watched it

 

I don’t think any Marvel film comes close to the disfunctinal mess of story, editing and tone that is BvS. Justice League is at least “fun“ in that it sort of embraces how shitty it is, which I think was all Whedon trying to salvage Snyder’s fug up. 

Wonderwoman was not nearly as good as the hype, but it’s in another league compared to Snyder. How do you ruin Batman and Superman lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

 

I don’t think any Marvel film comes close to the disfunctinal mess of story, editing and tone that is BvS. Justice League is at least “fun“ in that it sort of embraces how shitty it is, which I think was all Whedon trying to salvage Snyder’s fug up. 

Wonderwoman was not nearly as good as the hype, but it’s in another league compared to Snyder. How do you ruin Batman and Superman lol. 

both thor movies, the first captain america, the last iron man movie, were awful, and even both avenger films had terrible acting and not as good as everyone said. they're on par with WW probably, which i wish i hadn't watched

even though i enjoyed spider-man homecoming, having adrian toomes be liz's father was just too damn much to swallow, like the MARTHA scene from batman V superman and the ending of that film just dragged out too long.  i feel like i could just stop watching the film after michael keaton gives peter the talk in the car before prom and not miss anything

i don't have high hopes for DC to right their ship, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Wan is pretty great so maybe Aquaman won’t be trash. Getting rid of Snyder was the best/easiest move WB’s made so far. Hire good filmmakers and have some kind of vision via a Kevin Feige type and it shouldn’t be that hard. 

Jared Leto’s juggalo Joker and Eisenberg’s Lex Luther are all kinds of awful. Just recast like they never happened. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC's biggest problems are that they rushed to put all their heroes on the screen and bad casting. Leto's Joker is terrible. Eisenburg's Luthor is terrible. Will Smith's Deadshot was just Will Smith that is a good shot. Like someone else said, DC has the 2 most recognizable heroes in Batman and Superman in the same movie, and its hot garbage. Meanwhile, Marvel is making movies for Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Cap, Thor (all were B-List characters at best before the MCU) and killing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

DC's biggest problems are that they rushed to put all their heroes on the screen and bad casting. Leto's Joker is terrible. Eisenburg's Luthor is terrible. Will Smith's Deadshot was just Will Smith that is a good shot. Like someone else said, DC has the 2 most recognizable heroes in Batman and Superman in the same movie, and its hot garbage. Meanwhile, Marvel is making movies for Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Cap, Thor (all were B-List characters at best before the MCU) and killing it. 

Not to mention Guardians of the Galaxy! Those are the best Sci-Fi movies to come out in years (and frankly I'm sad they're being dragged down to the MCU. They'd be fine as standalone sci-fi, punk rock adventure films.)

I think what's working for Marvel is, since Phase II, they're rolling the dice getting filmmakers with vision to make their tent-pole movies. Sure they kicked off the MCU with established names like Jon Favreau and Joe Johnston. But look at the resumes from some of the Phase II films:

  • Scott Derrickson (Dr. Strange, which is probably the most interesting and ambitious MCU movie) was mainly known for making low-budget horror movies and thrillers. Sinister; Deliver us from Evil; The Exorcism of Emily Rose (which is a GREAT movie, but would you really think it was a springboard to a comic book action movie?)
  • James Gunn (GotG) came from friggin' Troma making zero-budget schlock! Then he made some weird stuff like Slither and Super, but damned if those aren't some of my favorite movies of the last 5 years.
  • Jon Watts (Spider-Man: Homecoming) made Clown. A movie about a guy who turns into a were-clown... I'm not joking.
  • Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) is a Fiji who made comedies with Jemaine Clement. He also made "What We Do in the Shadow," a mockumentary about the day-to-day life of vampies in New Zealand. I insist that you watch it.

The problem with the DC Universe is they're rushing through their Phase I to get to Phase II. They're hurrying through the character roll-outs just to get to the team-up films. I mean, they just jammed Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman into the Justice League movie without any build-up! They needed to play it safe. Roll out a couple safe Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman movies with big name directors like Hack Snyder and David Ayer. Don't ask them to do too much, don't make the movies too big in scope, just make good films and get the franchise off the ground. And then turn it over to some new blood to take on the sequels a build to the team-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

and what about ghost rider nobody ever wants to talk about ghost rider

Well this wasn't a MCU movie so most people don't even mention it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×