• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Trade down mock by Rodrique

There are many needs on this roster, including safety, cornerback, receiver, running back, tight end, interior offensive line and defensive end. And general manager Marty Hurney's evaluation of this draft class shows the highest value in the second and third rounds.

So with this mock draft, I predict (and that's a key word, folks) a trade down, to add a second and third-round pick. That would give Carolina five picks in the highest-valued part of this draft. My projection estimates a mathematical-value trade with former Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman's New York Giants. In this projection, Gettleman, fresh from the selection of running back Saquon Barkley second overall, is champing at the bit to get back into the first round for a quarterback or offensive lineman and would be a willing trade partner.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article209720129.html#emlnl=Breaking_Newsletter

369A1D48-88C3-4C7A-8809-2A28BDF73A8F.jpeg.c171cb19baa5ef478df80aabea4720a7.jpeg

Yes, let’s have Hurney trade out of the only round he seems to have any success in to add more picks in rounds where he takes guys like Armanti Edwards...

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Not a fan of giving up a 5th year option on a starter.

I'm in favor of filling more positions for 4 years than banking on the guy we get in round 1 to being worthy of that round 1 selection. 

This draft is deep in the second and third rounds, round 1 is very top heavy 

Only guys I see as worth number 24 truly are Harold Landry and Josh Jackson 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So many needs now though.....

I've said it once I'll say it again. Hurney's job depends on this draft. If that were me I'd want as many cracks as I could get and if I trusted my scouting department I could say: look at how I replenished the young talent and depth on this team in just one draft. 

If he swings and misses in round 1 that's not going to bode well come next offseason with a new owner

21 minutes ago, SOJA said:

worth number 24 truly are Harold Landry and Josh Jackson 

I’d actually take Jaire Alexander as well. He’s also pretty talented.

48 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

So many needs now though.....

And Hurney's draft record. 

The only thing he is good at is first rounders. 

Given how many needs we have to fill over the next two years to avoid a rebuild I love this mock draft. However, some of her picks will not be there when she has them being drafted. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd rather have 2 quality 4-year cheap players than 1 5-year guy. (Or 2 shots at 1 good 4-year guy vs 1 shot at 1 good 5-year guy.)