• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

71% of Republicans say they're more likely to support a congressional candidate backed by Trump

trump isn't unique. trump isn't some passing phase. trump is the republican party. right wingers who performatively #resist trump are #resisting his tone, not his politics.

imo I don’t think this is anything we didn’t already know about the right, but there are a few clueless ones out there who think this is a new phenomenon.

The right has been sh*t for, well, however long you can measure there being history, two sides of it, and one very definable aspect of the wrong side of history. 

The Dem party has made their entire campaign sort of "ad hominem 2020"

True, they have not debated policies at all as far as merit, good points, bad points.  Just Trump did it, so it must be bad.

Big risk with that one

13 minutes ago, stirs said:

The Dem party has made their entire campaign sort of "ad hominem 2020"

True, they have not debated policies at all as far as merit, good points, bad points.  Just Trump did it, so it must be bad.

Big risk with that one

This is totally untrue

For someone who claims to be an independent Stirs really can't stand the left, even as the right systematically poos in this country. But I guess it's okay since you occasionally admit Trump is dumb. Why are you even here besides playing the role of fake moderator and tone policer?

Like the Texas shooting thread is literally liberals on this board explaining why conservatives' gun policies are bad, with links provided in response to right wing trolling and discredited talking points, and you wanna complain about "ad hominem"

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

For someone who claims to be an independent Stirs really can't stand the left, even as the right systematically poos in this country. But I guess it's okay since you occasionally admit Trump is dumb. Why are you even here besides playing the role of fake moderator and tone policer?

Maybe one big thread is right for the Tbox.

Then you can drag in all subjects if you don't like what is said about a particular topic.

Dems have let stuff go and not debated it at all, so a bloated budget was passed.  They need to be the loyal opposition and not just an opponent of Trump. Just like the media needs to get back to their role that was entrusted to them a couple hundred years ago.

I am a conservative more so than an independent.  Vote about about 3 to 1 for Pub candidates over Dems.  More local than national Dems get my vote because then are generally more fiscally conservative.  Never said I was independent, but don't worry, not many people care here. Ad hominem generally avoids facts anyway 

So you're biased no doubt and are making general arguments about both Democrats and the media (while accusing them of bias in countless other threads and in the next sentence complaining about them dragging in other subjects, which isn't what this thread is even about, and trying to claim this impartial moral high ground) all while ignoring every right wing troll here who punctuates all their posts with lib/snowflake/Hillary. Wow, dude

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

So you're biased no doubt and are making general arguments about both Democrats and the media (while accusing them of bias in countless other threads and in the next sentence complaining about them dragging in other subjects, which isn't what this thread is even about, and trying to claim this impartial moral high ground) all while ignoring every right wing troll here who punctuates all their posts with lib/snowflake/Hillary. Wow, dude

Man, just a few words and I have accomplished a lot huh.

It's called politics, and if you are new here, I don't happen to think a lot of pols.  They are manipulative, power hungry, horrible people in general.

Depending on whether you are on the right or left, you have your own set of pols lying to you 24/7 on their preferred method of media, which are also skewed to whatever audience they think they can sell the most advertising to.  Pubs generally ran against Obama without having anything in their bag to offer except "not Obama".  Did not exactly work out that well for the Presidential race.  We will see if the "resistance" is a good substitute for policy differences.

Now i will sit back and watch the spin about Hillary and snowflakes and trolls and such

Republicans are not even about policy they are about tribalism and authoritarianism. My team is right!

Your team wants to bomb Syria? That is wrong!!

My team wants to bomb Syria. YES!!!

Well, according to a new ABC/Washington Post survey, support levels for an Obama strike in 2013 and Trump’s strike last week were indeed relatively even among Democrats:

37 percent of Democrats back Trump’s missile strikes. In 2013, 38 percent of Democrats supported Obama’s plan. That is well within the margin of error.
How about Republicans? Well, that’s a wildly different picture:

In 2013, when Barack Obama was president, a Washington Post–ABC News poll found that only 22 percent of Republicans supported the U.S. launching missile strikes against Syria in response to Bashar al-Assad using chemical weapons against civilians.
A new Post-ABC poll finds that 86 percent of Republicans support Donald Trump’s decision to launch strikes on Syria for the same reason. Only 11 percent are opposed.

You can also look at how the right viewed communicating with North Korea when Obama suggested it vs Trump.

When trump said he could shoot a guy and his base would approve it, this is what he is talking about.

3 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Republicans are not even about policy they are about tribalism and authoritarianism. My team is right!

Your team wants to bomb Syria? That is wrong!!

My team wants to bomb Syria. YES!!!

You can also look at how the right viewed communicating with North Korea when Obama suggested it vs Trump.

When trump said he could shoot a guy and his base would approve it, this is what he is talking about.

The bases of both parties pretty much don't care and will vote for their guy no matter what.  That is not new.

It’s like you didn’t actually read that. Your conclusion is the opposite of what he said.

Wonder what percentage of Dems would have looked more favorably towards a candidate that Obama endorsed?  Or is this a game the usual idiots like to pretend only happens with the bad guys on the other team? 

I wonder if you can take any actual research at face value unless it supports what you need it to, and not call people who can handle actual research idiots

1 hour ago, cookinwithgas said:

It’s like you didn’t actually read that. Your conclusion is the opposite of what he said.

What I was saying is the Obama could have shot somebody and his base would have defended him, but Obama had a bit more couth, if that is a word, than to come out and say it.