Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

david hogg

Recommended Posts



he kinda has a point.

who the fug thought oliver north would be a decent choice? Pretty much the opposite of who you want in charge of the NRA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NRA is a far right lobbying group.   Of course they will hire a far right icon.

 

This makes it explicitly clear the NRA is not an organization for gun owners.  Its a organization for far right propaganda.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a member of the NRA, but don't see them as a boogeyman.  That being said, I think the choice could've been better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NRA is a terrorist organization that purposely tries to create an environment of death and destruction to help gun manufacturers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teeray said:

NRA is a terrorist organization that purposely tries to create an environment of death and destruction to help gun manufacturers. 

This is a David Hogg-esque ignorant statement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

This is a David Hogg-esque ignorant statement.  

Isn't ignorant at all. They do everything in their power to make guns as easily accessible and remove as much info of people purchasing guns from federal and local law enforcement as possible. 

They use every mass shooting to spam propaganda and gun sales spike every time. They along with their main revenue generators the gun manufacturers WANT death and chaos. It is good for their business. 

Why else would they demand info on gun purchases be destroyed?   Why else would they lobby to forbid the CDC to study gun control?   Why else would they be against more thorough background checks?   Why else would they be against a federal registry for FBI and ATF investigations? 

The NRA trades in death. For fear and profit. They have more American blood on their hands than any radical Muslim terrorist organizations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teeray said:

Isn't ignorant at all. They do everything in their power to make guns as easily accessible and remove as much info of people purchasing guns from federal and local law enforcement as possible

They use every mass shooting to spam propaganda and gun sales spike every time. They along with their main revenue generators the gun manufacturers WANT death and chaos. It is good for their business. 

Why else would they demand info on gun purchases be destroyed?   Why else would they lobby to forbid the CDC to study gun control?   Why else would they be against more thorough background checks?   Why else would they be against a federal registry for FBI and ATF investigations? 

The NRA trades in death. For fear and profit. They have more American blood on their hands than any radical Muslim terrorist organizations. 

Bolded part is an outright lie.  The reason we have an instant background check is because of the NRA.  What the government tried to do was have a federal waiting period at one time and the NRA stepped in and forced the government's hand in developing the NICS instant background checking system.  

Gun sales spike because of people like Obama, who signed the executive order preventing anyone that couldn't claim their Social Security/disability checks because of certain health/mental issues.  The problem was there was no due process (ACLU and the NRA fought it).  Gun sales spike because of democrats.  

The reason you want gun purchases destroyed is because of the danger of government.  Preventing a potential kristallnacht/Red Terror among gun owners from enemies both foreign/domestic.  The issue is protecting the rights of the individual.  

Again, your last sentence is ridiculous and full of ridiculous hyperbole.  One could argue that leftists are responsible for so many millions of deaths across earth that leftist/communist principles should have us rounding up all self-proclaimed communists in order to protect innocent lives, but no one is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The far right appears to be dominated by leaders who their followers think "would not be their first choice" at being leaders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Bolded part is an outright lie.  The reason we have an instant background check is because of the NRA.  What the government tried to do was have a federal waiting period at one time and the NRA stepped in and forced the government's hand in developing the NICS instant background checking system.  

Gun sales spike because of people like Obama, who signed the executive order preventing anyone that couldn't claim their Social Security/disability checks because of certain health/mental issues.  The problem was there was no due process (ACLU and the NRA fought it).  Gun sales spike because of democrats.  

The reason you want gun purchases destroyed is because of the danger of government.  Preventing a potential kristallnacht/Red Terror among gun owners from enemies both foreign/domestic.  The issue is protecting the rights of the individual.  

Again, your last sentence is ridiculous and full of ridiculous hyperbole.  One could argue that leftists are responsible for so many millions of deaths across earth that leftist/communist principles should have us rounding up all self-proclaimed communists in order to protect innocent lives, but no one is.  

The NRA weekend the background check system in the Brady Bill (removing the 5 day waiting period) and has actively fought to strike down the Brady bill.

 

The spin you provided though was cute:

 

-

“The National Rifle Association originated the National Instant Check System. It was our bill.” (remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 22)

Speaking at CPAC, LaPierre said there would be no NICS without the NRA.

The NRA had opposed the Brady gun bill but in the end was one of the shaping forces behind it, offering several amendments. Instead of an initial proposal to impose a five-day waiting period to buy a gun, the NRA agreed to compromise language that ultimately created the NICS.

After the Brady gun bill was enacted, the NRA joined a case, Printz v. United States, as an amicus and argued that the entire law, including the NICS provision, should be struck down for violating the 10th Amendment. The law allegedly “commandeered” the states to perform background checks for the federal government from 1994 to 1998, the period in which the NICS had not yet launched.

Once the NICS was up and running, the NRA sued, arguing that the law effectively set up a “gun registry.” A federal appeals court dismissed the lawsuit. Federal law separately provides for disposing of NICS records after a background check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

The far right appears to be dominated by leaders who their followers think "would not be their first choice" at being leaders.

Doesn't that go for both sides of the spectrum? I mean who the hell had Hillary R Clinton as their "first choice"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

Kyle Kashuv would destroy David Hogg in a debate. Too bad he's a pussy and won't do it.

If David crushed him, how many conservatives do you think would admit it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×