• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Outdoor security cameras for house

Any recommendations? I need 3-4 (4max) outdoor, wireless home security cameras. Would like for the to send notifications to my phone. Currently looking at Arlo or Blink. 

You've been asking about this for a while.  Make a decision or move to a better neighborhood lol

Here's the thing to think about: how much will it cost you to monitor it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7p5YEOrlSc

This video goes into why Nest (an example) is kind of a giant rip off and how they DIYed their own.  That's not for everyone.  The best option is to do your own video cameras and your own recording server.  That requires a lot of set up on your part.  If you have the money to spare, then any of them will do a decent enough job.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:13 PM, 4Corners said:

Any recommendations? I need 3-4 (4max) outdoor, wireless home security cameras. Would like for the to send notifications to my phone. Currently looking at Arlo or Blink. 

Arlo... hands down.  Made by NetGear...  Motion detection, free cloud DVR, alarm, 2 way communication, wireless with battery that lasts over a month and highly customizable.  The cost is about $450 for 3 but well worth it.  

On 5/21/2018 at 5:55 PM, toldozer said:

You've been asking about this for a while.  Make a decision or move to a better neighborhood lol

Neighborhood doesn’t matter.  I live in Ballantyne and I got 5 cameras in and outside my house.  Home invasions are very common in Charlotte and actually South Charlotte area is very prone to them because people let their guard down because they assume they live in a good neighborhood.  Also, my cameras are motion activated so I know if someone is snooping around at night.

Arlo Pro 2

I got mine from Best Buy, they price matched pro1s that were on Amazon, instead of $800, they were $650 for 4

Free DVR

Alarm

Great app, which is huge

nightvision, 1080p

my biggest concern was the “cord free” situation where I would use rechargeable batteries. My guess is the batteries will last 6-8 months. I haven’t had to re-charge mine in the 6 months I have had them

Went with one of th me brands mentioned earlier. three total, very happy with the purchase and gonna read up and tinker with them to maximize their abilities. 

To the rest of u on here crying and whining calling me paranoid - I assure you I live in a good neighborhood and would certainly put the square footage of my house and property up against yours. Good neighborhoods still get broken in to and the cameras will hopefully serve as a deterrent or provide some evidence if we are ever broken into because we all know the  cops aren’t going to do anything about it. 

6 minutes ago, Djmooreforthescore said:

No way dude , I live there too! 

Nah, it is.  Do you remember a year ago on Providence and 51 someone broke into the house at 2am... beat the 60 year old father and shot killed their only 21 year old son who was on break home from college?  

On 6/4/2018 at 7:37 AM, 4Corners said:

Went with one of th me brands mentioned earlier. three total, very happy with the purchase and gonna read up and tinker with them to maximize their abilities. 

To the rest of u on here crying and whining calling me paranoid - I assure you I live in a good neighborhood and would certainly put the square footage of my house and property up against yours. Good neighborhoods still get broken in to and the cameras will hopefully serve as a deterrent or provide some evidence if we are ever broken into because we all know the  cops aren’t going to do anything about it. 

I bet you carry too. :)