• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hepcat

Troy Aikman at OTAs

Nah he is still stuck on that 3rd string qb from New Orleans that plays special teams.  

I think him and Joe buck would give him a 3 piece.

Truth is Troy is a premier qb who has done it at the highest level consistently Running Norvs system. I welcome someone who's here simply overlooking probably going to give Cam a few pointers let some of that greatness run off on us. I enjoy that type of culture surrounding our new OC name the last top level qb we had looking over Cams shoulder at a practice ? At a time when he can actually be criticized learn from it and do it better right on the spot or the next day etc. I'm not saying he is doing that even if he's just watching I like his championship pedigree under what we are implementing at the moment hopefully giving any type of advice to Norv Cam or whoever else.

Fun Fact - the most touchdowns Troy Aikman ever threw in a season was 18. He was the game manager of game managers but he was very accurate.

26 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Fun Fact - the most touchdowns Troy Aikman ever threw in a season was 18. He was the game manager of game managers but he was very accurate.

snips.JPG.617c57a49ae6f2a256339d82b2f66bd3.JPG

Oops!  Still not exactly "blow you away" stats, especially considering some of the talent he played with. 

5 minutes ago, tondi said:

Oops!  Still not exactly "blow you away" stats, especially considering some of the talent he played with. 

That's what a balanced offense and for that matter, balanced team gives you. So the QB doesn't have to do it all. 

That being said, Aikman had one of the most accurate and strong arms in the league. 

He was a blast to watch play.

9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

That's what a balanced offense and for that matter, balanced team gives you. So the QB doesn't have to do it all. 

That being said, Aikman had one of the most accurate and strong arms in the league. 

He was a blast to watch play.

Not to mention the rules were much different back then.  They didn't favor the offense like it does today.  

26 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

snips.JPG.617c57a49ae6f2a256339d82b2f66bd3.JPG

in 1992, 8 of those were in the playoffs, so 15 in the regular season.  97 they didn't make the playoffs, so he was off by 1.

31 minutes ago, tondi said:

Emmitt Smith was his halfback

Yeah he didn't have great numbers but he had one of the best halfbacks ever.

He didn't know

I've never understood the term "game manager".  Does the QB lead the team to victories or not. A good QB shouldn't have to be Superman or expected to carry the load. If Cam could take us to multiple Super Bowls by being a "game manager" then so be it. Cam will be around for us a lot longer if the coaches except that.

Those Aikman stats are mind-blowing to me.  Obviously the game has changed and apples to oranges, but Jesus one of the premiere QBs in the league with Emmitt, Michael Irvin, etc. throwing for basically 15 TDs and 8 INTs a year would be CRUCIFIED today. Crazy how things change. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    charlieshort31

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts