• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mc52beast

Possible changes to anthem guidelines

Not one fug is given either way by muah.  Stand, sit, kneel or take a nap, has nothing to do with the game being played.  Hell I've seen people passed out during the anthem and not one single person bitched about that.  

Assessing a penalty for exercising your constitutional right to peaceful protest. I'm sure that'll go over well among the players and fans. Unbelievable.

I dont even turn up the sound until I see the players in kickoff position. They can do whatever they want and I'll never know.

13 minutes ago, emcannon said:

Assessing a penalty for exercising your constitutional right to peaceful protest. I'm sure that'll go over well among the players and fans. Unbelievable.

I honestly don’t care one way or the other but it’s the employer’s constitutional right to require things within reason of their employees. People have the constitutional right wear a t-shirt and jeans to work, but Cam gets benched and Anderson throws a pick 6 on the first play because Cam didn’t wear a tie. That’s how it works. It’s absolutely within the league’s rights to dictate anthem behavior. It’s all a matter of how it affects public perception and how that affects the bottom line. 

36 minutes ago, emcannon said:

fans will love it...militant players and leftists with their little protest signs are gonna be pissed

may be the last we see of any teams on the field during our National Anthem...coaches not gonna risk a 15 yarder because somebody would rather protest than be thinking about playing the game

45 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Just suggesting the second one tells me the NFL has learned nothing the past 2 years lol.

actually they learned that fans don't want to see some agitator spewing his personal politics out there during our National Anthem when they want to see a football game

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Why can’t they just wait in the locker room like they used to do?

Why can't they stand for the National Anthem and support this beautiful country?