• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Morgan

Beaston comes home

nice little article about a player who doesn't get enough love from the Huddle.  Dude was a monster

before he got hurt, and his replacement, Luke, made us forget him too easily.

Jon showed up at OTAs today to hang around.

"Beason, who retired two years ago after three injury-filled seasons with the Giants, was a strong voice with a game to match throughout his time with the Panthers. He recorded an astounding 650 tackles based on coaches' film review over his first four seasons (Kuechly had 681 over his first four) and ranked in the top four in the entire league in tackles each of his first three seasons."

"This is my first time back since literally the day I found out I was getting traded," said Beason, who attended Carolina's organized team activity Thursday. "I didn't get the opportunity to see anybody or talk to a lot of guys because you get traded, you pack a suitcase and you're gone the next day."

"I was on the phone with Coach (Eric) Washington recently, congratulating him," Beason said of the Panthers' first-year defensive coordinator who coached defensive line for Beason's final two-plus seasons in Carolina. "And he was like, ‘Man, come back.' I said, ‘You know what? I'm going to do that.' So we figured out a time, and I talked to Coach (Ron) Rivera about it. Here I am.

"I just want to be with the guys, see the guys, maybe talk a little trash, hang out. It's fun."

says a lot of  really good thinks about TD and Luke

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Jon-Beason-back-at-Bank-of-America-Stadium/d5efd4c4-c172-48af-9e10-5e67f227cf05

Surprised that Jeremy didn't mention this.  Of course I'm not all pro _ maybe he did there.

Nice to see him back in Charlotte where he belongs. Dude was an absolute monster, says something about Luke that he stepped in and we didn’t notice a drop-off

Crazy that he hasn’t been back since being trade. He was a beast even when we had a terrible front four

34 minutes ago, Djmooreforthescore said:

Early 2013 td , Luke and Beason was the best lb core we ever had 

Not really... Luke always looked lost outside, even the all might huddle God's noticed that, name wise, that sounds like the best by far though 

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

Surprised that Jeremy didn't mention this.  Of course I'm not all pro _ maybe he did there.

What happens in All Pro......... stays in All Pro!

57 minutes ago, Djmooreforthescore said:

Early 2013 td , Luke and Beason was the best lb core we ever had 

Going by names on paper sure (though Morgan/Witherspoon/Fields was a helluva group as well), but both Beason and Luke were much worse at OLB than MLB. Beason at OLB in 2010 and Luke there in early 2012 weren't pretty.

Would y’all put Beason over Morgan? Seemed like he had the mental game completely down and was a total field general. Where Morgan was faster and more athletic. Luke has both of their traits.

1. Luke

2. Beason

3. Morgan

4. Mills

5. Draft???

I’ll always love Jon Beason, even named a tenacious dog after him. I’d love to see him transition into coaching, he certainly has the acumen and passion for it. 

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Tuesday was the only day OTAs were open to the media this week. Next Tuesday too.... 

Jon was such a positive figure in a really dark time for our organization. I think he only got to the playoffs once in 08 and everything went downhill. The same game that Cam shows up he gets a career-altering injury. I absolutely hate it for him.