• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its a really good movie, it's a space western. With Wookiees. Lando is cool. And there are some great nerd references, I never thought I would hear the term "Starcaves of Thonboka" in my life ever lol. Woody Harrelson was his usual good self, so much so that he didn't stick out like a sore thumb like Del Toro or Dern did. Chewbaccas introduction was fun and looked great. Next time I'm going to a 2D showing, the movie seemed pretty dark to me in 3D. Can't wait for the Lando/L3-37 slashfic. And L3-37 is the absolute worst name for a droid ever. It's not a hAxXoR droid dude. The girl was hot.

I am a huge star wars fan and I was worried about this film. It just looked super generic and bland. I thought it was much better than that and I enjoyed all the twists and turns it took. 

plus that cameo. omg. 

it has charm but the whole l3-37/lando pansexual thing was a bit much.

Was not terrible. Sets up aother film with the actual big bad "Darth Maul" the leader of the gang. 

Like was mentioned above the new droid was annoying but for me it was  the whole black feminist thing it had going on. 

On 5/26/2018 at 9:12 AM, Professor Chaos said:

Some people have low standards. This was trash.

You pretty much have to to enjoy any new movie now.

Spoiler Alert

can someone explain the Darth Maul timeline to me? Didn’t he get cut in half in phantom menace ? How is he alive and well after the Empire is established ?

Just saw it  10x better than Last Jedi.

Truly enjoyed it and they threw in plenty of nods to the original movies.

Agreed! I decided to see Last Jedi again today and there were a lot of really great scenes and ideas, they just weren’t put together well enough. And the Disneyfication really dampened the whole thing. 

Saw it tonight.  Not bad, pretty simple and straightforward plot, plenty of action.  I liked Rogue One better, but this one was entertaining.  

18 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

If you looked closely he had mechanical legs. It's been canon for quite a while now that he survived being cut in half. Canontically he goes into hiding after his defeat and builds a criminal empire, silently waiting to get revenge on Obi Wan Kenobi. 

For some reason, I thought he was cloned, but I didn't pay that much attention to the animated stuff.  

I haven't seen it yet, but what I'm finding is the individual opinions tend to be much more positive while the "reported" opinions are so much worse.

I think people are going to miss out on a fun movie because the internet said it would be terrible.  Ron Howard's twitter is pretty good right now BTW.  I can't wait to see it!

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I haven't seen it yet, but what I'm finding is the individual opinions tend to be much more positive while the "reported" opinions are so much worse.

I think people are going to miss out on a fun movie because the internet said it would be terrible.  Ron Howard's twitter is pretty good right now BTW.  I can't wait to see it!

It was a pretty good movie. Any Star Wars movie is worth seeing on a big screen anyways 

I and my oldest went to see it Saturday.

I thought it was really good. I'd put it as better than The Last Jedi, but not as good as Rogue One, both of which I seemed to like a whole lot more than a lot of people.

The guy playing Han did a good job. Some scenes even had an Indiana Jones feel, so I think he nailed the character/actor.

I purposely shied away from this thread and reviews beforehand. I think it is hilarious that some people are triggered by a women's/social justice robot and the thought that someone could be emotionally attached to artificial intelligence.

Like, out of all the good and bad things to critique in a movie and you pick that? LOL

It is a Star Wars film, which is still better than most of the things coming out today. I'll admit that I'm not as up on non-OT or other non-film canon as I'd like to be, so the Darth Maul stuff was a pleasant surprise.

We saw a 2:10 showing at a theater that never has more than a dozen people at that time for new movies. There were at least 75 people in there with us, more than half of which clapped at the end. I rarely see that happen anymore, so they did something right.

ESB, TFA, RO, ANH, SOLO, TLJ, ROTJ, ROTS, AOTC, TPM

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Cbee

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts