• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Gazi

UPDATE: Kaepernick wins key battle in NFL collusion case. Lawyers to subpoena Trump in case against NFL

IF the owners thought for 1 minute CK was a legitimate starting QB he would have a job. Hell Ray Lewis murdered a man and continued to play and will be in the HOF. It's about $$$$. IF CK would add to their bottom line he would have a job.

CK's work off the field is exactly how he should have handled his concerns from the beginning. He would have been the focus of untold segments on the networks for his work within the community. 

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, TPanther920 said:

image.png.fcb8eb589a355521b00f7d607f8d5af7.png

I wouldn't fight for a country that treated me like a second class citizen either.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Zin said:

Can anyone name the Constitutional right to protest and point out your political views on employer time?....please enlighten me....lol

To expand upon that last point, while any U.S. citizen including a government official is legally entitled to share his personal viewpoint on any topic, a member of the U.S. government must be careful not to cross the line into threatening the "invoking legal sanctions and other means of coercion, persuasion, and intimidation” to induce private entities to act in a way that chills free speech rights. As the Supreme Court's noted in the 1963 decision Bantam Books Inc. v. Sullivan, that would amount to a violation of a private citizen's First Amendment rights.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcedelman/2018/05/01/nfls-october-2017-meeting-strengthens-colin-kaepernicks-legal-claims-against-president-trump/

But Trump’s actions, some legal experts argue, may also have opened him up to claims that he and the NFL violated the players’ First Amendment rights to free speech and peaceful protest, especially if his threats against the league helped force owners to institute the new policy or influenced their treatment of protesting players. 

“It’s a very bold step to sue the United States based upon alleged wrongdoing of the sitting president, and filing such a claim might make a player such as Colin Kaepernick into an even more polarizing figure,” said Marc Edelman, a law professor at City University of New York’s Baruch College. “However, based upon the pure black-letter law, a [First Amendment] claim of this nature may have a reasonable chance to succeed.”

As every graduate of YouTube Comment Law School knows, the First Amendment typically protects individuals only when the government, or a government official, infringes upon their free speech rights. NFL teams and their owners are private actors and thus are free to do as they wish, at least with respect to the First Amendment.

But in certain cases, private businesses can be considered state actors, and Kaepernick and other NFL players ― like his former San Francisco teammate Eric Reid ― who appear to have been ostracized over their protests, could have a credible argument that the NFL, in this instance, was a public entity that was improperly influenced by the president.

The NFL, Edelman argued, could be considered a state actor for two reasons: First, because it receives tax breaks from the federal government, and second, because most of its teams play in stadiums that are partly financed by local governments. NFL stadiums have also received billions of dollars in federal tax subsidies.

Federal courts have previously ruled that sports franchises have acted as state actors. In 1978, a judge found that the New York Yankees’ policy banning female reporters from their locker room violated the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause because New York City owned Yankee Stadium, qualifying the team as a state actor, as Edelman notes in a brief he wrote examining the possibility of NFL players filing a free speech lawsuit.

None of this would matter, however, were it not for Trump’s own actions ― and specifically his tweet in September suggesting that certain tax breaks be eliminated if the league didn’t start punishing the protesters.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kaepernick-trump-first-amendment-nfl-national-anthem_us_5b15b680e4b093ac33a0f94c

shut up pig

2 hours ago, TPanther920 said:

What influence did Trump have unconstitutional or otherwise?

see my post above, dumbass

Do you really think the billionaire club gives a poo what Trump says or thinks. 

oh?

In a story published Monday, Ross told the New York Daily News that while he initially supported players’ rights to protest during the national anthem, his stance changed after Trump’s vehement opposition to the movement Kaepernick started. Trump’s position is that the protests are disrespectful to the United States and its military.

"When that message changed, and everybody was interpreting it as that was the reason, then I was against kneeling," Ross told the Daily News. "I like Donald (Trump). I don't support everything that he says. Overall, I think he was trying to make a point, and his message became what kneeling was all about. From that standpoint, that is the way the public is interpreting it. So I think that's really incumbent upon us to adopt that. That's how, I think, the country now is interpreting the kneeling issue."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/stephen-ross-dolphins-owner-president-donald-trump-colin-kaepernick-grievance-deposition/1toauzt2bzt911b2ub558shbs2

The first snippets of testimony have emerged from the depositions taken in the Colin Kaepernick collusion grievance. And it’s becoming even more obvious that the NFL changed its anthem policy at the direct behest of the President.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, while testifying in the Kaepernick collusion grievance, shared the details of a phone call with the President.

“This is a very winning, strong issue for me,” the President told Jones, according to Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal. “Tell everybody, you can’t win this one. This one lifts me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/30/jerry-jones-president-made-it-clear-that-he-wasnt-letting-anthem-issue-go/

The New England Patriots owner Robert K. Kraft pointed to another “elephant in the room.”

“This kneeling,” he said.

“The problem we have is, we have a president who will use that as fodder to do his mission that I don’t feel is in the best interests of America,” said Kraft, who is a longtime supporter of Mr. Trump’s. “It’s divisive and it’s horrible.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/sports/nfl-owners-kaepernick.html

don't waste my time, troop.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Zin said:

Hahahahahaha!!  Cant name the Constitutional amendment that says that...you have a right from Government intervention for free speech, not your employer....man you are dumb, shut up pig boy, come back once you read the Constitution.....lol

i shut you down piggy. now stop wasting my time, tia.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Zin said:

Yawn....still cant name the Constitutional amendment that says you can protest on your employer's time, private policies dont include your employer...lol

1 minute ago, Dr. Zin said:

Thanks for not answering a simple question,  knew you could not, your dumb mind cant comprehend simple facts....thanks idiot...!!

stop filling up my notifications pig

3 hours ago, TPanther920 said:

What influence did Trump have unconstitutional or otherwise? Do you really think the billionaire club gives a poo what Trump says or thinks. 

you should follow this case more closely because this has been proven

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Zin said:

Name the proven,  back it up with credible evidence and sources....thanks..

an NFL owner testified under oath that Donald Trump influenced him not to hire CK.

10 hours ago, rodeo said:

an NFL owner testified under oath that Donald Trump influenced him not to hire CK.

Define influence.  Was there a levied threat (antitrust exemption yank)?  Suggest to the owner that he'd be stupid bringing that public firestorm into his organization?  Talk about how dare a dude choose to do that during the national anthem versus the thousands other moments during a game?  

What was the influence mentioned in the testimony and can you post it.

42 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Define influence.  Was there a levied threat (antitrust exemption yank)?  Suggest to the owner that he'd be stupid bringing that public firestorm into his organization?  Talk about how dare a dude choose to do that during the national anthem versus the thousands other moments during a game?  

What was the influence mentioned in the testimony and can you post it.

I will bring down the NFL for not giving me a franchise.

lol

16 hours ago, g5jamz said:

Kaep better have some deep pockets or some lawyers working pro-bono.  

15 hours ago, Dr. Zin said:

Never will happen, trust me...even Mueller cant subpoena Trump, you think some second string QB can?....hahahahahaha!!!!

15 hours ago, TPanther920 said:

hahahahah....CK and his attorneys know its over and are looking for a settlement check.

The right wing whities are getting nervous...

• Poo 2