Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

Torrey Smith promises a Monday response to President’s latest athem remarks

Recommended Posts

Professional athletes don't even get hired, they get drafted. They get endorsement deals and are admired and influential, like it or not, simply because they play sports. People worship them for no reason. So of course some of them are going to try to use their platforms to do good and speak out politically. Comparing their jobs to your job or my job is insane. It's also deliberate false equivalency 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Apples to oranges would be comparing the occupational perks of a professional athlete or musician or celebrity to, say, someone who works at Best Buy or is a accountant or nurse. They aren't comparable in terms of pay, social influence, work privileges, notoriety or platform. Which is why athletes, musicians and celebrities advocate for less fortunate people to begin with. It's their privilege. 

This is a really obtuse, dishonest argument from people who simply don't want to have a conversation. 

Pure conjecture and nonsense right here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let me guess.  a bunch of right wing "independents" said some racist poo, and when someone suggested we shouldn't lick pig boots, the thread was moved to the tinderbox 

 

because now it is political

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gazi said:

We turned away Jewish refugees and sent them back to die.

we did this to the gay victims even after the war. shut down the concentration camps, freed everyone, then were like "oh um except the gays, you can stay in their custody."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

let me guess.  a bunch of right wing "independents" said some racist poo, and when someone suggested we shouldn't lick pig boots, the thread was moved to the tinderbox 

 

because now it is political

Because Lefties would NEVER get something moved to the TB, right? BC they're the "right ones" and all about social justice! WOO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Because Lefties would NEVER get something moved to the TB, right? BC they're the "right ones" and all about social justice! WOO!

you can't honestly say you've never noticed that trend. thread about the anthem stuff sits in the main forum for a day, a page or two of some people saying 'shut up players.' not tinderbox worthy. then leftists show up and take the players' side. then it gets moved. why wasn't it moved before the argument broke out? was it not political as long as it was only conservatives telling players to shut up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rodeo said:

you can't honestly say you've never noticed that trend. thread about the anthem stuff sits in the main forum for a day, a page or two of some people saying 'shut up players.' not tinderbox worthy. then leftists show up and take the players' side. then it gets moved. why wasn't it moved before the argument broke out? was it not political as long as it was only conservatives telling players to shut up?

Sounds to me like three are some snowflakes over there hitting the alert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×