• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Funchess on Jim Rome today

The panthers #1 WR will be appearing on Jim Rome today at 1:40pm. It might actually be 2:40 since he is in California. For many of you, listening to anything other than terrible ESPN radio or awful FNZ may be too advanced and out of your comprehension abilities. So hopefully someone will post a recap.

I don’t think Rome is on in Charlotte because FNZ would rather shove awful local programming down your throat so you may have to stream. 

#War bums using old pizza boxes as suitcases

#War bums stealing bread from ducks 

Funchess' agent must be doing some work. Funch getting a lot of exposure this summer. Setting himself up nicely for a pay day.

2 hours ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Excellent post.  I can feel the seething.  

It’s nothing short of hilarious to see someone throwing shade at others’ choice of sports media when they’re referring to Jim Rome, one of the OGs to make a living in sports media doing virtually nothing but trolling. 

17 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

Funchess' agent must be doing some work. Funch getting a lot of exposure this summer. Setting himself up nicely for a pay day.

Sounds like he needs it. His phone quality was terrible. Honestly, it wasn’t a very good interview and showing from DF. There’s no point to even recap it. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It’s nothing short of hilarious to see someone throwing shade at others’ choice of sports media when they’re referring to Jim Rome, one of the OGs to make a living in sports media doing virtually nothing but trolling. 

Rome is the GOAT. 

#War bums using straws to snorkel in public parks for change. 

18 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

They know that Funchess just needs to have another mediocre year and they’re going to cash in big time to the tune of $10-12M per year. This past free agency jacked the hell out of WR contracts.

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

To each his own, but Jim Rome is everything awful about sports radio. 

Is there anyone who isn’t?  I can take about 3 minutes of any sports talk show before I’m turning that s hit off.

8 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Is there anyone who isn’t?  I can take about 3 minutes of any sports talk show before I’m turning that s hit off.

This. But, it's guys like Jim Rome why it turned into the trash that it is today.

Media in general these days plays to the lowest common denominator of society. If anything, it just shows how prevalent that "lowest common denominator" truly is within society. Scary.

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg said:

Doing PR doesn't set up for a payday. Doing something on the field does. It's nice he's giving us some exposure.

2 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

Yup, I've noticed this. But to be honest, Funch has stepped up too and embraced the #1/ mentor role.  He has a lot more presence / confidence. Excited to see this play our on the field.