Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ja  Rhule

Game of Thrones - Season 8

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Honestly not that happy about episode 4. I feel like for as long as they took to film the final season and write it, the plot and writing is sloppy. The CGI has been phenomenal and the show is as beautiful to look at as ever, but maybe they needed another year to write better plot. The amount of plot armor that the characters have had, especially in the last episode in the fight with the dead, has been incredibly frustrating and doesn't line up with the brutality of the earlier seasons.

1) The Night King pulls up his attack and doesn't just kill everyone. Definitely not in line with anything that he has done in the past. And that whole plot just conveniently comes to and end with one thrust of a dagger. Everything with the children of the forest, Bran, just poof. All that lead up so Arya can kill him. 

2) Euron pulls up his attack on Danerys as her army is in shambles on the beach. Euron, who has been so brutal before, just like the Night King, doesn't finish his attack. Let's just sail away boys, one dragon is enough!

3) Tyrion reveals that he knows Cersi is pregnant. I'm honestly not sure the writers know or will acknowledge that Cersi lied to Euron about that.

4) Jon Snow doesn't even say goodbye to Ghost? WTF was that? 

I hope the ending makes it all worth it but I feel like for such a great show they are conveniently taking a lot of liberties with the plot. Without Martin's books to lean on, the show has gone off the rails.

Parks & Rec called it years ago.

image.png.cc0e759ff227cf7ffbc815dbe68d6938.png

10 minutes ago, Bronn said:

The ONLY way they can save this is to give us a sequel series with Tormund and Ghost as the main characters.

4mzkbg2h3iw21.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bronn said:

image.png.9fcb6df09630f2bb223ad1647f8975d4.png

The range of those giant crossbows would have EASILY allowed for them to turn Drogon into a pincushion from where he was situated on the ground. I don't understand why they did that. 

Just now, PanthersBigD said:

The range of those giant crossbows would have EASILY allowed for them to turn Drogon into a pincushion from where he was situated on the ground. I don't understand why they did that. 

Also, Missandei could have won the war by just giving Cersei a Stone Cold Stunner from the top of the wall when Cersei grabbed her arm.

1 minute ago, Bronn said:

Also, Missandei could have won the war by just giving Cersei a Stone Cold Stunner from the top of the wall when Cersei grabbed her arm.

Right, if she had any sense, she'd have just lept off of the scaffold with Cersei in tow. 

Your earlier gripe about Sansa telling Jon's secret. I think that's just part of her character. She spent a ton of time with Littlefinger, and he would have definitely broken his promise to Jon. Jon and Ned are both honorable to a fault. I think Sansa especially, is determined not to lose another honorable loved one just because they were too naive to realize no one else has any honor. I honestly hope she's the one that told Cersei about the fleet's location.

I'm ready for someone to kill Danerys now. I guess they really do all go mad. Inbreeding is a bitch. 

10 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I like the theory that the Faceless Men let her go because she was going to kill the Night King.    "All Men Must Die" and this guy been living way too long for 1000 years.     Like someone said, once the many faced god is done with her, it may be the end.    Maybe she understands this herself.

She told the Hound she wasn't planning on coming back either as they left Winterfell. She used the Faceless Men to give her the tools to complete her list. It was never about service to the many faced god; it was about her list. It'll be interesting to see if she makes it out alive at the end. In a world that's at peace, she'd probably be pretty miserable. She's basically a killing machine at this point. I think that's why she was off doing target practice while everyone else was celebrating. 

Here's a tidbit of info that is just the top of the trash pile from last night...

The showrunners had cameos in the celebration scene last night. They were dressed as wildlings. The very same scenes in which the Starbucks cup was left on the table.

Garbage. I'm really kind of pissed they're focusing on cameos (theirs and others') and not better writing. Supposedly Joey Bosa is in S8 somewhere throwing a spear. GTFO with that nonsense and write a better show.

4 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Here's a tidbit of info that is just the top of the trash pile from last night...

The showrunners had cameos in the celebration scene last night. They were dressed as wildlings. The very same scenes in which the Starbucks cup was left on the table.

Garbage. I'm really kind of pissed they're focusing on cameos (theirs and others') and not better writing. Supposedly Joey Bosa is in S8 somewhere throwing a spear. GTFO with that nonsense and write a better show.

This has turned into more of a farewell tour than anything else. Kind of a bummer. Just like the first season of True Detective, there's no good way to end such a great story.

To paraphrase Brian Flanagan from the movie Cocktail: "Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end."