Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ja  Rhule

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Recommended Posts

Like many shows that start great, they just can't keep it going.

I feel like this one made it a LONG time before it got cheesy, but here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


they told us they are wrapping the show up during season 8....well why does this poo feel rushed as hell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, I think there might be a big surprise of another, bigger dragon. They're going back to Dragonstone to recover, and in the previews, it shows Euron looking to the sky in awe of something. You know he's not sweating Drogon like that, not with his crossbows. I wonder if someone wakes something beneath Dragonstone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, countryboi said:

they told us they are wrapping the show up during season 8....well why does this poo feel rushed as hell?

George,

Showrunners here, can you give us some ideas of the way you see this playing out in the end?  We have about a year and a half to write 6 episodes so no major rush, but we need some guidelines.

2 years later.

 

Showrunners,

George here, see the word doc below, that should give you some good ideas and pathways to wrap this thing up as it should be done.

 

George,

Since you took so long to write that e-mail, we just used the outline from Steel Magnolias to wrap it up...really cool getting to be in the show at the end, and I didn't realize that Joey Bosa was such a huge fan...snuck him in there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PanthersBigD said:

On the other hand, I think there might be a big surprise of another, bigger dragon. They're going back to Dragonstone to recover, and in the previews, it shows Euron looking to the sky in awe of something. You know he's not sweating Drogon like that, not with his crossbows. I wonder if someone wakes something beneath Dragonstone. 

Its Arya dropping in from Drogon's back high above the clouds. She's good at getting the drop on bad guys. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 2 hours and 40 minutes left.

I haven't seen Endgame and probably won't until it comes out on DVD, lol, but from all the reviews I've read they seem to have tied up a lot in @ 3 hours. Maybe there is still hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

This has turned into more of a farewell tour than anything else. Kind of a bummer. Just like the first season of True Detective, there's no good way to end such a great story.

To paraphrase Brian Flanagan from the movie Cocktail: "Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end."

I thought the ending of S1 True Detective was perfect. :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bronn said:

Its Arya dropping in from Drogon's back high above the clouds. She's good at getting the drop on bad guys. lol

Seriously though, I hope they do something crazy like that. I don't care that they're deus ex machinas. If I wanted to watch an overwrought political show, I'd rewatch House of Cards. I want dragons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on freefolk said we need a Calvin and Hobbes-esque Tormund and Ghost cartoon series. I agree 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Like many shows that start great, they just can't keep it going.

I feel like this one made it a LONG time before it got cheesy, but here we are.

lots of shows start great.   Problem is working to a resolution/end.  Almost all fail. 

Heck, I still maintain the first couple of seasons of LOST was great TV.  Great.  Now, people basically call LOST as a whole a pile of crap.  They don't even get credit for the good they did because of the flaming bag of poop they became.  

GOT was on pace to a be GOAT.  Top 3ish. Doubtful at this point it can even be top 10.  Nothing suggests they have a good ending ready.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you all want me to highlight some of the leaks from the last two episodes? Do you want to ask any specific questions?

Granted, they might not be 100% accurate but I feel like, especially this season, spoiling myself sets me up to not be as let down once I see it on screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dex said:

I thought the ending of S1 True Detective was perfect. :thinking:

I wasn't wild about it. I of course wanted them to delve into more of a wider spanning conspiracy that they hinted at all season. Not just some rich redneck protecting his retarded, homicidal son. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Only 2 hours and 40 minutes left.

I haven't seen Endgame and probably won't until it comes out on DVD, lol, but from all the reviews I've read they seem to have tied up a lot in @ 3 hours. Maybe there is still hope.

To be honest, I felt like End Game the same way I feel about Season 8 so far.

Jumbled, confused, no real direction, almost like a victory lap or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CRA said:

lots of shows start great.   Problem is working to a resolution/end.  Almost all fail. 

Heck, I still maintain the first couple of seasons of LOST was great TV.  Great.  Now, people basically call LOST as a whole a pile of crap.  They don't even get credit for the good they did because of the flaming bag of poop they became.  

GOT was on pace to a be GOAT.  Top 3ish. Doubtful at this point it can even be top 10.  Nothing suggests they have a good ending ready.  

I have a real hard time not running out of gas on a lot of these shows, especially dramas.

Happened to me with Homeland, Handmaid's, Breaking Bad, etc...once they stop making sense, and start trying to wrap up a show, it becomes pretty bad to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CRA said:

lots of shows start great.   Problem is working to a resolution/end.  Almost all fail. 

Heck, I still maintain the first couple of seasons of LOST was great TV.  Great.  Now, people basically call LOST as a whole a pile of crap.  They don't even get credit for the good they did because of the flaming bag of poop they became.  

GOT was on pace to a be GOAT.  Top 3ish. Doubtful at this point it can even be top 10.  Nothing suggests they have a good ending ready.  

I think it'll still be #1 for me, even after reading the leaks. I'm probably a little biased because I'm too heavily invested and because I haven't really felt any type of way for any other TV show.

I mean...

I didn't start The Walking Dead until it was like season 4. I binged the first three seasons and then bought into the comics to get ahead.

I didn't watch Breaking Bad until I binged every season in time for the final season, which I watched live.

I have tried several times over the past couple years to get into both The Sopranos and The Wire. I keep falling asleep and just can't get into them.

I binged Lost start to finish a couple years ago on Netflix. I never watched it when it was on TV live.

I binged all of Dexter on Netflix. Never watched it before then.

I binged The Office on Netflix. Never watched it before then.

The only shows that I ritually watch somewhat live now are Game of Thrones, Fargo, The 100, True Detective, The Sinner, Colony (cancelled now) and stuff Netflix releases whole seasons of at once like Stranger Things and Last Kingdom.

GoT was just different for me. Maybe it was because I was such a fan of the fantasy genre, and the fact that I went out and got and read all the books after seeing the premiere episode? I dunno. I was just, and still am, hooked I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...