• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Mills Fan

The Charlotte Observer posted an ad for a new Panthers beat reporter today

48 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

No reason to guess, the Observer already told you 

19020DF7-14B0-4B04-B6B7-484DC7699982.thumb.jpeg.2c0b8f8725702ffb3b7a372153038323.jpeg

Good. Dude is awful.

17 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

What exactly is good? 

Smart questions that reveal a decent knowledge of football history and strategy along with common sense. Repeatedly asking, "What kinds of changes can we expect to see under Norv?" in camp is just stupid, and you can see it on the players' faces. Cam even said, "I'm not gonna get into that." Of course not, because why would he?

He strikes me as mentally lazy and uninspired.

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

Anyone have a link to the posting?

It’s in the Tweet Inposted above 

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Time to apply

Yep.

Except I have no journalism background and they're sure to get applicants who do :fear:

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep.

Except I have no journalism background and they're sure to get applicants who do :fear:

That and you already work for them SCOTT FOWLER.

Hah.  Yeah time to beat that dead horse.

2 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Smart questions that reveal a decent knowledge of football history and strategy along with common sense. Repeatedly asking, "What kinds of changes can we expect to see under Norv?" in camp is just stupid, and you can see it on the players' faces. Cam even said, "I'm not gonna get into that." Of course not, because why would he?

He strikes me as mentally lazy and uninspired.

BTW, just for shits and giggles, I went back to watch the last interview with Ron at camp. Either Joe wasn't there or he asked zero questions. But there was a question asked by Jourdan that struck me as insightful: she began by saying that many players even outside the organization had commented that Ron paid a lot of individual attention to his players and said that seemed to be something Chase Blackburn was emulating and finally asked Ron if he saw a little of himself in Chase.

That is brilliantly done. It's a simple yes/no question, but the fact that she boosted Ron's ego made Ron want to talk about it, so he did...and he said way more than she probably expected. Whether that was her doing that on purpose or not, it worked beautifully. And it stood in stark contrast to Person's typical question which reads or sounds like he googled, "questions to ask football coaches or players."