• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

CRA

“Monkey this up”

Has anyone ever heard the phrase “monkey it up” before? 

The GOP is full of garbage human beings.

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Has anyone ever heard the phrase “monkey it up” before? 

The GOP is full of garbage human beings.

I mean, of course Saha has. 

Edited by jayflip

People vote for this stuff. Like Saha

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

lol plausible deniability has no ceiling to you people.

"don't vote for this monkey."

THAT COULD HAVE MEANT SHENANIGANS

"i don't like black people"

WHAT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IS CONTEXT

"i don't like n****rs"

WELL BLACK PEOPLE SAY IT SO HOW IS THAT FAIR

until you stop constantly shifting goalposts you can't be taken seriously as anything other than a sex offender

Oh look. This deadbeat dad is gonna lecture me on morals. Go pay child support, I can’t wait until I see your ass on a poster at the post office.

• Pie 1

Can’t wait to see what Facebook groups Obama’s moderated and shlt 

Edited by Gazi

6 hours ago, Saha said:

Unless presented with evidence to the contrary he should be given the benefit of the doubt

I watched the video and am with Saha. I dont think he was referring to the other candidates color. He was talking issues and that is a saying.

The GOP is full of racist and they are getting more vocal and empowered so I understand why one might jump on this especially if you just read the headline but I think the clip gives context.

Edited by Cat

I've heard of "don't monkey with it" but never "don't monkey this up." It's possible he's just a moron but there's a whole lot of political capital to be garnered by saying nasty things about POC

• Poo 1

Honestly surprised that so many of you have never heard of the phrase. No need to go apesh*t. :fear:

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Cat said:

I watched the video and am with Saha. I dont think he was referring to the other candidates color. He was talking issues and that is a saying.

The GOP is full of racist and they are getting more vocal and empowered so I understand why one might jump on this especially if you just read the headline but I think the clip gives context.

I'm surprised by your take on this Cat but you're entitled to your opinion...

I think it was absolutely an opn jab at the other candidates race and aimed DIRECTLY at Trump supporters who are racist, which is an awful lot of them.

I've watched the clip probably a dozen times, his phrasing and the very slight pause before he says "monkey" makes me disagree strongly with you.

At the absolute barest minimum the guy is an idiot for using this language in this situation but again, I think he did it on purpose.

3 hours ago, Trident Panther said:

An ancient phrase that's rarely used. It even has an idiom page. Nothing to see here.

Even Obama said something similar, no outrage then...

Trumper:  yeah, I get I called that dude the n-word but you remeber that Bones Thugs song that black use to sing along too? Yeah, so I think we are all good here. Even stevens. 

• Poo 1

What’s sad (from both sides) is how we, in general, jump to assuming the worst in others at all times nowadays? I have heard the saying in the past, and I have always understood it to mean, “don’t screw this up.” I don’t know if this guy was making a statement on the opposing candidate’s race. I certainly hope not, but he could have been.

Here’s a question: if he had said this in a race involving a non-African-American opponent, would anyone have said a word about it? The answer to this question would be very telling. 

• Pie 1