• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Bronn

Florence...

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

Yesterday they said Hurricane is going to Raleigh and into VA, today it’s going to Charleston and GA...  they really have no clue lol

They are doing pretty damn good imo, without them it would hit and we couldn't prepare. I'm thankful for the scientist that give us advanced warning.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Cat said:

So we are flying in from Amsterdam to Atlanta Ssturday then ATL to CLT. Delta is telling me I can change my flight. Idk what to do. Anyone think I'll make it to ATL?

No.

12 minutes ago, Cat said:

They are doing pretty damn good imo, without them it would hit and we couldn't prepare. I'm thankful for the scientist that give us advanced warning.

Oh yea for sure.  I did not mean it in a negative way.  I’m just saying there are so many variables that they really don’t know. I bet it will change again before it hits.  There is a high pressure system to the north and to the south and it’s super hard to predict how this low pressure system will behave.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Cat said:

So we are flying in from Amsterdam to Atlanta Ssturday then ATL to CLT. Delta is telling me I can change my flight. Idk what to do. Anyone think I'll make it to ATL?

Atlanta should be fine.  Your issue will be atl to clt. Depending on the winds you might have some problems.  But hopefully by Saturday they should be weakened enough for planes to land in Charlotte. 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Oh yea for sure.  I did not mean it in a negative way.  I’m just saying there are so many variables that they really don’t know. I bet it will change again before it hits.  There is a high pressure system to the north and to the south and it’s super hard to predict how this low pressure system will behave.

Have a frontal system coming through from the west that is steering florence south.  Will be interesting to see if it stalls it off the coast. 

2 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Yesterday they said Hurricane is going to Raleigh and into VA, today it’s going to Charleston and GA...  they really have no clue lol

The European  tracker had that option for a while and it also has been different from the U.S. tracker from the start

2 minutes ago, Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior) said:

Anyone else riding it out in Wilmington? On a scale of 9 to 10, how terrible of a decision am I making?

After N.O. and Houston most people shouldn't take that chance  safe>sorry

3 minutes ago, Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior) said:

Anyone else riding it out in Wilmington? On a scale of 9 to 10, how terrible of a decision am I making?

Where in Wilmington? I'm in Rocky Point, we just got a mandatory evac, Wilmington will probably follow.

20 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Have a frontal system coming through from the west that is steering florence south.  Will be interesting to see if it stalls it off the coast. 

Or it might push that high pressure system like it happened to Irma last year.  Everyone assumed it would turn and hit Miami and Irma went right past it, went into Gulf and then got pushed toward Tampa area.

Edit: So there is a very strong high pressure system coming from North West (mostly North).  That’s why they have Hurricane stalling in Outer Banks and getting pushed back almost to Charleston.  But technically anything is possible.

Edited by ARSEN

I'm in Fayetteville and we only have 1 family member coming from a coastal city. I know multiple other people in various other costal towns that are STAYING there . They are adults so they live with their own decision. 

I dont even think we are far enough west to really be safe, but its gotta be a hell of a lot better than the coast , you guys are going to get slammed hard. I haven't experienced a hurricane this bad in over 20 years, and Fran I could still remember it pretty well despite being 5 years old. Remember  getting out of school and even me and my dad picking up my grandma before the storm hit (we were living in Cary at the time) 

There shouldn't be anyone left in the outer banks in those stick houses 

Edited by Hoenheim

36 minutes ago, Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior) said:

I read yesterday that it was 400 miles wide... so even if you aren't in the center of circulation, you're still looking at torrential rain and possibly TS level winds in central and coastal NC. Even parts of VA probably.

She's cooling her jets a little too, which will maybe help. But, it still won't be great for anyone on the coastline especially.

10 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I read yesterday that it was 400 miles wide... so even if you aren't in the center of circulation, you're still looking at torrential rain and possibly TS level winds in central and coastal NC. Even parts of VA probably.

She's cooling her jets a little too, which will maybe help. But, it still won't be great for anyone on the coastline especially.

Hopefully it will start getting sheared at the higher levels and fall apart some.